The QuickShare.exe is a computer virus that attacks the windows based computers secretly without getting the permission of the user, and create complete chaos in the system by performing various annoying activities. This malicious application cannot be detected through any antivirus as it hides deep in the system files and can replicate easily. This dangerous application sneaks in the system when you accept the online offers from unknown publishers through social media. It has the ability to download a number of files on the system without getting your consent. Once the QuickShare.exe settles down in the system, it deletes crucial system files from the hard drive and makes the system completely vulnerable. Besides that, the QuickShare.exe is a resource eater that utilizes most of the system resources due to which the system becomes slow in responding. This type of virus is used by the hackers to steal the financial credentials of the targeted users to steal their money.
The Manual Removal of QuickShare.exe
Once you realize that the QuickShare.exe virus attacked your computer, you have to find an effective method to get rid of this lethal computer infection. You can try the automatic removal method which is not only easy but quick too. The manual removal process of deleting the QuickShare.exe is also available but extremely complicated. The instructions for the manual removal of this virus are mentioned below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You can start removing the QuickShare.exe once you boot the system in the safe mode. First of all, you have to restart the infected computer, and use the F8 key repeatedly to see the boot options menu. Select the safe mode option from the list, and hit the Enter key to boot the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
After booting the system in the safe mode successfully, you need to remove the associated process of the QuickShare.exe. You have to access the windows task manager with the help of the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and select the Processes tab to see the list of running processes. Remove the following associated processes and close the task manager window:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
The next step of this process is the removal of the associated data of the QuickShare.exe . Open the file explorer, select the system files folder, and delete the following associated files of this malicious application:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Click on the start menu, and select Run option to execute the “regedit.exe” command to access the registry editor. After accessing the registry editor, you have to find and remove the following corrupt entries from the windows registry. Close the registry editor once you have removed all of these suspicious entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\QuickShare.exe\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\QuickShare.exe\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\QuickShare.exe\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\QuickShare.exe\DisplayName QuickShare.exe
Boot the computer in the normal mode to see how effectively you have followed the manual removal process.