The Quick Links is a type of adware that is very common these days, and infects millions of windows based computers all over the world. This is actually a website that is developed by the hackers and cyber criminals that uses the quick links from some of the popular website links such as Facebook, Twitter, Wikipedia, YouTube, etc. Besides that it also traps users by using the name of online shopping websites such as eBay, and Newegg. It offers discounted coupons to the users, but it is a big trap that is developed to steal the money, and personal information like credit card details, bank account credentials, emails, and shopping preferences. This malicious application spreads through the spam email attachments, visiting compromised pages, and unsafe browsing. The pop-up ads appear on your screen are specifically targeted keeping in view your browsing history and shopping preferences. Besides that, the Quick Links has the ability to redirect all your searches towards certain websites to generate traffic.
The Manual Removal of Quick Links
You have to delete the Quick Links as soon as you discover this extremely dangerous adware program. You can remove it with the help of any automatic removal tool, but if you are looking for a manual removal method, that is as under:-
Start Your Computer in the Safe Mode
Restart the system, and use F8 key to see the boot option menu on your screen. From the available list of boot options you have to choose the safe mode and hit the enter key to start your computer in the safe mode.
Delete the Processes through Windows Task Manager
After that you have to delete the associated process of the Quick Links . Following are the processes considered as associated to the Quick Links and you have to delete these processes by accessing the processes tab available in the windows task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Data
Delete the corrupt files that are stored in the in system files folder. In this regard, you have to get rid of the following associated files of this virus:-
- %Desktopdir%\Quick Links Popup Adware.lnk
- %Programs%\Quick Links Popup Adware\Quick Links Popup Adware.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
To complete this process you have to clean the registry by removing the malicious registry entries created by this tricky adware. These corrupt entries can be deleted by using the registry editor which can be accessed by executing the regedit command in the run option of start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to delete the following entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Quick Links Popup Adware\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Quick Links Popup Adware
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Quick Links Popup Adware\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Quick Links Popup Adware\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Quick Links Popup Adware\DisplayName Quick Links Popup Adware
After successfully removing the above mentioned associated entries you have to restart the system in the normal mode to see the success of manual removal process.