The Qui Buy Search Engine is a fake search engine categorized as a browser hijacker. Once installed, this dangerous browser hijacker immediately changes the default browser as well as the home page to the www.Qui Buy Search Engine/new tab. This application itself is not considered as the virus, but the consequences of installing this application are similar as you get after downloading any malicious application. Once installed. This browser hijacker interrupts your normal searches, and every time you try to open a website you will be redirected towards the website of the Qui Buy Search engine. Once installed, the Qui Buy Search Engine start displaying the countless pop-up ads on the screen of your computer, and most of these ads are for the purpose of generating traffic to some unknown websites. This dangerous browser hijacker also makes your computer extremely slow.
The Manual Removal of Qui Buy Search Engine
After detecting the Qui Buy Search Engine, you have to think about how to remove this browser hijacker. In this regard, you can remove it by using any reliable automatic removal tool. If you prefer to remove this virus manually, you have to make sure that you can follow the instructions as mentioned below. The manual removal method of this virus is possible but only recommended for the professional level computer users, and there are several steps of this process that are mentioned below:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
Before start deleting the files, processes, and registry entries, you must have to restart the system in the safe mode by terminating the normal mode. Press F8 key to see the boot menu where you have to select the safe mode option.
Kill the Associated Processes
Hold Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to open the task manager window where need to click on the processes tab. You can see a list of running processes in the background of your computer under the processes tab and you need to locate as well as delete the following associated processes of the Qui Buy Search Engine:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
You also need to delete the following files by opening the file explorer. Once you locate these files in the system files folder, you have to delete them quickly:-
- %Desktopdir%\Qui Buy Search Engine.lnk
- %Programs%\Qui Buy Search Engine\Qui Buy Search Engine.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Click on the start button and choose Run before writing the “RegEdit.Exe” in the box to access the registry editor. Following are the suspicious entries in the windows registry that you need to find as well as delete at your earliest. After deleting the above mentioned entries you have to close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Qui Buy Search Engine\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Qui Buy Search Engine
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Qui Buy Search Engine\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Qui Buy Search Engine\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Qui Buy Search Engine\DisplayName Qui Buy Search Engine
Reboot the system in the normal mode and see the threat is removed successfully or not. You also need to update your existing antivirus program before running a system scan.