The qType.inspsearch.com virus is one of the many browser hijackers that are introduced recently that are designed with the clear motive to make some commercial gains through illegal methods. This browser hijacker can infect all types of browsers, and compatible with all the versions of the windows operating system. The qType.inspsearch.com virus mostly distributed through the junk mail attachments, peer to peer sharing of files, social websites, freeware download, hacked web pages, and online games. Once this dangerous browser hijacker enters in the system, it modifies your home page to qType.inspsearch.com, and your default search engine also changed to its own domain. You will also receive annoying pop-up messages in the bulk quantity on the screen. Besides that, it also collects your personal information, including the financial details, and then transfer this information to the hackers remotely. The hackers can steal your money by using your financial information.
Removal of qType.inspsearch.com virus
After knowing that the qType.inspsearch.com virus is present in the computer, you have to take some solid steps to protect your PC. You can remove this virus easily by selecting any reliable automatic removal tool. Besides that, the manual removal process is extremely difficult, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
In order to start the manual removal process, you have to boot the system in the safe mode. In this regard, restart the computer, and while the system is restarted, keep hitting the F8 key to access the boot options screen. You have to press the Enter key after selecting the safe mode option once the boot options are displayed on your screen.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the safe mode operation, you need to open the task manager through Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, and kill the associated processes of this browser hijacker. You can find these malicious processes under the Processes tab in the task manager window. Delete the following suspicious processes by using the End Process button before closing the task manager: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After getting rid of the associated processes, you have to remove the following malicious files from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\qtype.inspsearch.com Browser Hijacker.lnk
- %Programs%\qtype.inspsearch.com Browser Hijacker\qtype.inspsearch.com Browser Hijacker.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Remove the fake entries created by this browser hijacker in the windows registry to complete this process. Open the registry editor by selecting the Run option from the start menu, and type “regedit” before pressing the OK button. After accessing the registry editor, you have to eradicate the following supported entries of the qType.inspsearch.com virus:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\qtype.inspsearch.com Browser Hijacker\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\qtype.inspsearch.com Browser Hijacker
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\qtype.inspsearch.com Browser Hijacker\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\qtype.inspsearch.com Browser Hijacker\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\qtype.inspsearch.com Browser Hijacker\DisplayName qtype.inspsearch.com Browser Hijacker
Reboot the system, and access the normal mode to see if the virus is removed successfully. Run a system scan from the main interface of your antivirus.