The qtype.inspsearch.com is a dangerous computer worm categorized as a stubborn browser hijacker that takes over the targeted computer aggressively by making several changes in the system configuration without your permission. This malicious application can infect all the versions of the windows operating system, including the WIndows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows XP. Besides that, it attacks all types of browsers, including the Firefox, Chrome, Safari, and Explorer. The hackers use different channels to distribute this malicious application that includes social websites, spam email campaigns, file sharing networks, online games, and so on. The first symptom of the qtype.inspsearch.com browser hijacker is, you will notice that the home page of your browser is changed without your consent. It starts showing the pop-up messages whenever you start your browser, and you are unable to surf on the web freely.
Removal of qtype.inspsearch.com
When you found the qtype.inspsearch.com browser hijacker in your computer, you have to remove this virus effectively in a way that it will not return back. You can use the automatic removal method to remove this complicated browser hijacker. Besides that, the manual removal of this malicious application is also possible, yet extremely complicated for the basic, and average computer users. Following are the steps involved in the manual removal process:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Some of the steps of the manual removal process cannot be executed in the normal mode; therefore, it is necessary to boot the system in the safe mode. You simply have to restart the system, and hit the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted to see the list of boot options on your screen. After accessing the boot options list, select the Safe Mode, and strike the Enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the safe mode, open the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the Processes tab under the task manager. You have to remove the following suspicious processes associated with the qtype.inspsearch.com, and close the task manager: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Access the system files folder, and remove the following associated files of the qtype.inspsearch.com by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\qtype.inspsearch.com Browser Hijacker.lnk
- %Programs%\qtype.inspsearch.com Browser Hijacker\qtype.inspsearch.com Browser Hijacker.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You have to complete this manual process by cleaning the windows registry. In this regard, access the registry editor by executing the “regedit” command through Run option on the Start menu. After accessing the registry editor, remove the following corrupt entries associated with the HEUR:Trojan.Script.Generic:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\qtype.inspsearch.com Browser Hijacker\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\qtype.inspsearch.com Browser Hijacker
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\qtype.inspsearch.com Browser Hijacker\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\qtype.inspsearch.com Browser Hijacker\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\qtype.inspsearch.com Browser Hijacker\DisplayName qtype.inspsearch.com Browser Hijacker
Restart the PC, but in the normal mode, and update your existing antivirus software before running a complete system scan on your computer.