The PWS:Win32/QQpass.GG is a nasty Trojan that sneakes in the windows platforms without getting the consent of the user, and starts performing illegal activities inside the computer. This malicious application is developed as well as distributed with the clear motive of collecting the personal and financial details of the users to use these details in the cyber crimes. The PWS:Win32/QQpass.GG distributed through spam emails, downloading freeware, clicking on the compromised social media links, visiting porn websites, and p2p sharing. This lethal Trojan keep redirect all your searching efforts to unknown pages for the commercial purposes. This infection can modify your system completely by changing all the default settings related to your surfing. It also disables your antivirus along with other security tools to avoid detection or removal efforts. You cannot find this virus easily as it hides itself wisely deep in the system.
The Manual Removal of PWS:Win32/QQpass.GG
Once you have found that the PWS:Win32/QQpass.GG invades your system, you have to delete this dangerous Trojan infection as quickly as possible. You can achieve the complete removal of this nasty Trojan application automatically as well as manually. For the new users, we recommend the automatic removal method which is easy to use, and for the professional users, the manual removal method is available that is detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
First of all you have to boot the system in the safe mode before going through the complicated steps of the manual removal. Restart the computer, and press the F8 key repeatedly to access the list of options. Once you can see the list of boot options on the screen, select the Safe Mode option and hit the Enter key to start the safe mode operation.
End the Malicious Processes
Once your system starts working in the safe mode, you have to access the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Select the processes tab available under the task manager window where you can see a list of running processes in the computer. You must remove the following suspicious processes of the PWS:Win32/QQpass.GG virus:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Following are some files that are required to be deleted from the system files folder by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Access the registry editor to clean the corrupt entries from the windows registry. In this regard you have to open the star menu, select Run, and type Regedit to access the registry editor. Remove the following suspicious entries with the help of the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PWS:Win32/QQpass.GG\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PWS:Win32/QQpass.GG\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PWS:Win32/QQpass.GG\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PWS:Win32/QQpass.GG\DisplayName PWS:Win32/QQpass.GG
Close the registry editor, and boot the PC in the normal mode to see the effect of recent changes. Update your existing antivirus software before running a complete system scan on your computer.