The PWS:Win32/Fareit.gen!C is just another variation of Trojan horse viruses that is discovered recently, and attacks the windows based computers by removing the critical system files. This malicious application can make your computer completely useless if remain resident for a long period of time. Some of the reliable antivirus programs are able to detect this threat, but a complete removal of this tricky Trojan horse is not possible with the help of even the most powerful antivirus program. The PWS:Win32/Fareit.gen!C spreads through p2p sharing, visiting compromised websites, spam emails, and removable drives. Once installed, this virus can decrease the overall performance of the infected system, and also affect the speed of the internet. This Trojan horse can install additional w\malware by disabling the security tools including the antivirus program installed on your system. This program is used by the notorious hackers as a weapon to get remote access of the targeted computers, and steal the personal information of the user like credit card details, shopping preferences, and passwords.
The Manual Removal of PWS:Win32/Fareit.gen!C
When your PC becomes a victim of this stubborn Trojan horse infection, you have to remove this virus by using any effective method. The automatic removal method to get rid of this virus is convenient and easy especially for the new users; however, you can also remove the virus by using the manual removal instructions which is only recommended for the professional computer users.
Start the System in Safe Mode
The first step of this process is, restart the computer and use F8 key to access the options regarding booting. Select the safe mode from the list, and press “Enter” to start your computer in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
Once the system starts working in the safe mode, you have to remove the malicious processes created by this notorious Trojan horse. You have to remove the associated processes related to this infection through task manager. To access the windows task manager you have to hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Click on the processes tab, and delete the following processes from the list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
You are required to remove the following associated files from the system files folder by using the “Delete” key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
This process completes when you delete the corrupt entries created by this malicious application in the windows registry. You have to open the registry editor by using the “Regedit.exe” command that can be run through the start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to remove the following entries from the list:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.Qvod\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.Qvod\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.Qvod\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.Qvod\DisplayName Adware.Qvod
Once these entries are removed, you are required to close the registry editor and restart the computer in the normal mode. Update the existing antivirus program before running a complete system scan.