The PWSteal.Zbot.AJ Trojan is a malicious application which is categorized as a Trojan virus. This dangerous Trojan often installed on any windows based computer without any prior information or approval of the user. Once installed, it immediately changes all the settings of your system, and as the name suggests, it has the ability to steal the passwords of your email, credit cards, bank details, and shopping passwords. The PWSteal. Zbot. AJ Trojan is capable of modifying a number of files, and changes the registry entries in order to start itself automatically whenever the user try to open the windows. Initially these changes caused slowdowns in the speed, and reduce the performance of the infected PC, but in the long run, it can cause permanent damage to your computer. This malicious application is also capable of disabling your antivirus software.
How to Remove PWSteal.Zbot.AJ Trojan manually?
When you come to know that your computer is compromised to the PWSteal.Zbot.AJ Trojan, you need to remove it quickly. To get rid of this dangerous backdoor application, you can find any automatic removal tool; however, if you want to delete PWSteal.Zbot.AJ Trojan manually, you have to follow the below mentioned instructions:-
Reboot the Computer in the Safe Mode
All the Trojan virus runs in the background when windows started, and this will stops you from removing such parasites in the normal mode of a computer. You have to reboot the computer in the safe mode so that you are able to delete the files, entries, and processes associated with this virus. You need to use F8 key while the infected system is restarting to see the list of boot options where you have to select the safe mode option.
Delete the Malicious Processes
Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to start the windows task manager, and once it started, you have to make a click on the processes tab. Find and delete the following processes associated with the PWSteal.Zbot.AJ Trojan:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Following are the files that are needed to be deleted by browsing towards system files folder, and with the help of Delete key available on the keyboard:-
Clean the Windows Registry
When all the above mentioned steps of the manual removal process are completed successfully, you have to remove the corrupt registry entries that are created by this dangerous Trojan application. In this regard, you have to start the registry editor by clicking the start button, select run option, and write regedit. Once the registry editor is started you have to find as well as delete the following entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PWSteal.Zbot.AJ\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PWSteal.Zbot.AJ\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PWSteal.Zbot.AJ\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PWSteal.Zbot.AJ\DisplayName PWSteal.Zbot.AJ
Do not forget to close the registry editor, and start the computer in the normal mode. Update the antivirus software before running a complete system scan to remove the infections caused by this malicious application.