The PWSteal.Kardnakow.A is a malicious program that comes under the category of Trojan virus. It present itself as a legitimate software, but actually it is a fake program that designed to enter in the computers and then perform certain malicious functions. This malware has the ability to create its registry entries so that every time you start your windows, it will run automatically in the background. The PWSteal.Kardnakow.A installs on your computer automatically, and once it is installed, it performs a fake scan on your computer. The results of this so called scan will tell you that there are so many errors in your computer, and it can be crushed any time. When you try to fix these errors, you are asked to purchase the licensed version of this malicious program.
Manual Removal of PWSteal.Kardnakow.A
You can get rid of PWSteal.Kardnakow.A either by using an automatic removal tool, or by using the manual removal process. Keep in mind that manual removal is possible but not easy as you have to follow few complicated steps.
Reboot the Computer in Safe Mode
First of all you need to terminate the normal mode, and reboot the PC in safe mode. In this regard, just restart the computer and use F8 key to display the boot menu option screen. Here you can choose the safe mode option, and hit the Enter key to start your computer in safe mode.
End the Associated Processes
The reason for starting the computer in safe mode is to terminate the malicious processes that are running in the background every time you start your computer. These processes not allow you to delete any of the associated data. Once your computer started in the safe mode, you have to start windows task manager by holding Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and select Processes tab once you are able to see the task manager window. Here you have to look for the following associated processes and press End Process button.
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete Associated Files
After ending the above mentioned associated process, you have to find and delete the associated files of this malicious program. You have to look for the following files:-
Remove Registry Entries
After removing the files and folders, this virus seems to be removed from your computer, but actually it is hidden there in the registry section. You have to clean your registry to get rid of this malicious application completely. You have to click on the Start button, select Run option, and execute the “RegEdit” command to open the windows registry. Once the registry editor opens, you can now view and navigate the registry entries easily. Following are some of the associated registry entries that you need to locate as well as delete:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PWSteal.Kardnakow.A\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PWSteal.Kardnakow.A\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PWSteal.Kardnakow.A\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PWSteal.Kardnakow.A\DisplayName PWSteal.Kardnakow.A
After cleaning the registry, you have to close the registry editor and restart your computer in normal mode.