The PursuePoint Ads is a nasty computer infections falls under the category of the adware infection. The PursuePoint Ads is a tool that is used by cyber crooks to observe your online activity, and track your behavior while surfing on the web. Besides that, it also steals your highly confidential personal details including the financial information to gain the financial benefits. This malicious application distributed through peer to peer sharing of data, spam email attachments, visiting compromised web pages, and visiting porn websites. Once this dangerous adware enters in the system, you will notice some changes in your system such as homepage, default search engines, and DNS settings. You will also notice that system becomes unresponsive too often, and boot sector also got damaged in some cases. Because of this severe computer infection, the speed of the PC reduced, and it respond extremely slowly. It can easily disable your antivirus tools to avoid any kind of detection.
Removal of PursuePoint Ads
Once you realize that the system is compromised to the PursuePoint Ads, you have to find an effective way to get rid of this threat. You can remove this infection manually as well as automatically. The manual removal process is very difficult that is described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Once you are able to boot the system in the safe mode, you can start the manual removal process. Restart the infected PC, and access the boot options menu by using the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarting. Choose the safe mode option from the menu, and press the Enter key to access the safe mode operation on your computer.
End the Malicious Processes
Access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab in the task manager window. You have to locate as well as remove the following processes associated with the PursuePoint Ads infection, and close the windows task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder, and remove the following malicious files associated with the PursuePoint Ads:-
- %Desktopdir%\PursuePoint Ads.lnk
- %Programs%\PursuePoint Ads\PursuePoint Ads.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The manual removal process will be completed once you remove the corrupt entries from the windows registry. In this regard, you must open the registry editor by executing the Regedit command through Run option available in the start menu. Delete the following suspicious entries associated with the PursuePoint Ads infection before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PursuePoint Ads\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PursuePoint Ads
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PursuePoint Ads\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PursuePoint Ads\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PursuePoint Ads\DisplayName PursuePoint Ads
Restart the PC in the normal mode to see how effectively you are able to get rid of this nasty adware application. If you have successfully removed this lethal infection from the system, you have to run a complete system scan after updating your existing antivirus software.