The PUP/Win32.Conduit has been a recently designed as well as developed infection that is distributed by the cyber crooks to infect the windows based computers all over the world. Mostly this infection enters in the computers while performing improper activities on the web. Some of the antivirus programs are able to detect this infection, but they cannot remove this nasty Trojan completely. Once entered, the PUP/Win32.Conduit creates the fake registry entries to start automatically every time the user starts the windows. Never underestimate this lethal computer worm as it always bundled with other parasites such as malware, spyware, and rogue applications. This malicious application provides remote access of your confidential details to the cyber crooks who then use this information to steal your hard earned money.
The Manual Removal of PUP/Win32.Conduit
Once you confirm the presence of the PUP/Win32.Conduit, you must realize that this is an extremely serious threat for overall security of your system as well as data. You have to address this issue quickly by selecting an effective removal method. There are manual as well as automatic methods available, and the manual method consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
It is extremely important that you must boot the system in the safe mode to start the manual removal of the PUP/Win32.Conduit . Click on the start menu, and select the restart to terminate the normal mode. Keep pressing the F8 key repeatedly to access the list of boot options while the system is restarted, and select the Safe Mode option once the list has appeared on the screen before hitting the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the safe mode is accessed, you need to kill the corrupt processes associated with the PUP/Win32.Conduit with the help of windows task manager. Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to start the task manager, and click on the Processes tab in the task manager window to see the list of running processes, and remove the following associated processes of the PUP/Win32.Conduit:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
To remove the associated data of the PUP/Win32.Conduit you have to open the file explorer, and access the system files folder to remove the following associated files of this infection:-
- %Desktopdir%\PUP/Win32.Conduit Trojan Virus.lnk
- %Programs%\PUP/Win32.Conduit Trojan Virus\PUP/Win32.Conduit Trojan Virus.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Last but not least, get rid of the corrupt entries created by the PUP/Win32.Conduit in the windows registry. In this regard, you have to click on the start menu, select Run, and type regedit in the box to access the registry editor. Remove the following suspicious entries by using the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP/Win32.Conduit Trojan Virus\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP/Win32.Conduit Trojan Virus
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP/Win32.Conduit Trojan Virus\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP/Win32.Conduit Trojan Virus\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP/Win32.Conduit Trojan Virus\DisplayName PUP/Win32.Conduit Trojan Virus
Restart the system in the normal mode after closing the registry editor and do not forget to run a complete system scan.