The PUP.VShareRedir is a malicious application that is used by the hackers to collect the confidential data of the users. This information may include your credit card details, emails, passwords, and browsing habits. The PUP.VShareRedir can cause severe damage to the infected system once installed, and able to slowdown the browsing speed due to which you are unable to perform any important tasks. This is one of the most dangerous infections of recent times that have infected thousands of windows based computers. This malicious application is used by the hackers to make money by illicit means. This virus is considered as extremely dangerous and it can make your computer useless if not removed quickly.
The Manual Removal of PUP.VShareRedir
Once it is confirmed that the PUP.VShareRedir is available in your computer, you have to remove this deadly dangerous infection either by using automatic method, or manually. The manual removal method of this virus is complicated yet possible, and for the novice users we recommend the automatic removal tool to delete this virus; however, the instructions for manual removal are as under:-
Start Your Computer in the Safe Mode
These types of stubborn viruses cannot be removed in the normal mode; therefore, the first step of manual removal method is to start your computer in the safe mode. To terminate the normal mode, you have to restart the system, and use F8 key until you are able to see the boot options menu. Select the safe mode option from the list before pressing the Enter key to start your computer in the safe mode.
Delete the Processes through Windows Task Manager
Start the windows task manager with the help of Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys. Once you are able to see the task manager window, you have to select Processes tab where you can find a list of running processes. You need to find the malicious processes associated with the PUP.VShareRedir:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Data
Once done with the above mentioned steps, you have to find and delete the associated files of this threat. In this regard, following are the files that are needed to be removed:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end you have to clean the windows registry to complete the manual removal process. You have to open the registry editor by using the Run option available in the start menu to use the Regedit command. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to find and delete the following malicious entries associated with the PUP.VShareRedir:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.VShareRedir\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.VShareRedir\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.VShareRedir\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.VShareRedir\DisplayName PUP.VShareRedir
Once you have completed all the above mentioned steps successfully, you need to close the registry editor after deleting the above mentioned entries, and start your computer in the normal mode. Update your existing antivirus program, and run a complete system scan.