The PUP.ToolbarDownloader is a recently discovered computer virus that is categorized as an adware, and can damage the overall performance of the system very badly. This malicious application is developed through advanced level codings due to which it is not possible to remove this virus through traditional security tools. Once ionstalled, it flooded the screen of the system with the pop-up ads and annoying messages. Moreover, this dangerous adware contains the tricky keyloggers that can record your online activities and steal your passwords along with other sensitive information like credit card details. After getting installed on any machine, the PUP.ToolbarDownloader alters all the settings of the system which includes the internet settings, DNS settings, windows firewall, and windows registry. This adware infection spread through the spam email attachmensts, sharing resources, and clicking the compromised social media links. Despite other kind of damage, the PUP.ToolbarDownloader virus can also makes your PC slow in responding.
The Manual Removal of PUP.ToolbarDownloader
There are manual as well as automatic options are available to get rid of this trcky adware application. The manual removal is complicated yet possible; whereas, on the other hand, the automatic removal is easy as well as convenient through whjich you can delete the virus within just a few clicks of the mouse. The instructions for the manual removal are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You are required to operate the system in the safe mode to start the manual removal process of the PUP.ToolbarDownloader. You can do this by using the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted to access the boot options. In the boot options menu, you have to select the safe mode, and hit the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Once you have successfully started the system in the safe mode, the next thing you have to do is removal of the associated processes of the Total Anti Malware Protection infection. You have to access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and select the processes tab to remove the following processes from the list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder, and delete the following files along with their folders with the help of the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You have to access the registry editor to clean the windows registry from the malicious entries created by this lethal adware program. Click on the start menu, select the Run option, and execute the regedit.exe command to access the registry editor. Remove the following corrupt entries associated with this adware from the windows registry and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.ToolbarDownloader\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.ToolbarDownloader\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.ToolbarDownloader\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.ToolbarDownloader\DisplayName PUP.ToolbarDownloader
Run a complete system scan through an updated version of your antivirus software after restarting the PC in the normal mode to complete the manual removal process.