The PUP.TidyNetwork is a recently developed and distributed virus that is specifically designed to attack the windows based platforms. This malicious application installed itself by attaching as a browser extension. The hackers distribute this virus by using the freeware download method. There are many harmful activities performed by this virus including modify the windows registry, changes the windows firewall, making the system super slow, displaying frequent pop-up ads, modify browser settings, and generating BSOD error. This malicious application is sophisticatedly designed that receives multiple commands from the developers to perform harmful activities inside the infected computer. This malicious application can easily avoid the detection or removal through traditional security tools by hiding itself deep in the roots of the system files. The objective of promoting this lethal computer virus is to access the sensitive data of the selected users including their credit card numbers, bank account details, passwords, shopping habits, and browsing preferences. This information is then used for the online frauds, and cyber crimes.
The Manual Removal of PUP.TidyNetwork
After discovering the symptoms of the PUP.TidyNetwork virus inside the system, you have to choose a reliable method to get rid of this worm effectively. In this regard, there are some automatic tools available through which you can delete this virus completely within just a few minutes. Besides that, the manual removal method is also available which is mentioned below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You just boot the computer in the safe mode instead of the normal mode. In this regard, restart the PC, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options, and select the safe mode option from the available options before pressing the Enter key to boot the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the system started in the safe mode, you have to access the windows task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Select the Processes tab under the task manager window where you can see all the processes running in the system, and delete the following suspicious processes:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You have to remove the following corrupt files associated with the PUP.TidyNetwork virus from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The process will be completed when you clean the windows registry by removing the modifications created by this infection. You have to access the registry editor by running the “regedit.exe” command through start menu. After accessing the registry editor, remove the following suspicious entries associated with the PUP.TidyNetwork infection and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.TidyNetwork\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.TidyNetwork\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.TidyNetwork\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.TidyNetwork\DisplayName PUP.TidyNetwork
After completing all the above mentioned steps, you need to restart the system in the normal mode to see the success of the manual removal process. Do not forget to run a complete system scan after updating your current antivirus software.