The PUP.Optional.wSys.A is a lethal adware infection that invades the system secretly and start performing the harmful activities inside the system. Once this dangerous adware enters in the system, you will always redirect towards the phishing websites, and promotional web pages where you are forced to purchase the suspicious products from the unknown suppliers. The PUP.Optional.wSys.A collects the personal information of the user and transfer these details to the remote hackers. These details may include browsing habits, shopping preferences, bank account details, credit card information, and passwords. This information is used to steal your money, and run targeted commercial ads on the screen of your system. After changing the windows firewall, and other security settings, it opens a backdoor for additional parasites. The speed of the system is also affected negatively once this malicious application enters in the system.
The Manual Removal of PUP.Optional.wSys.A
After discovering the PUP.Optional.wSys.A in the system, you have to remove this virus without wasting a single minute to minimize the damage. There are manual as well as automatic methods available, and you have to select a method according to your expertise. The manual method consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You need to boot the system in the safe mode to proceed in the manual removal of the PUP.Optional.wSys.A . Click on the start menu, and select the restart to terminate the normal mode. Keep pressing the F8 key repeatedly to access the list of boot options while the system is restarted, and select the Safe Mode option once the list has appeared on the screen before hitting the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
You need to kill the corrupt processes associated with the PUP.Optional.wSys.A adware infection with the help of windows task manager. You need to access the task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the Processes tab in the task manager window to see the list of processes running in the background of your computer. Delete the following associated processes of the PUP.Optional.wSys.A infection:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
The next step of this process is the removal of the associated data of this malicious application. Open the file explorer, and access the system files folder to remove the following associated files of this infection:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you have to get rid of the corrupt entries created by the PUP/Win32.Conduit in the windows registry. In this regard, you have to click on the start menu, select Run, and type regedit in the box to access the registry editor. Delete the following associated entries as soon as possible by using the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.wSys.A\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.wSys.A\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.wSys.A\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.wSys.A\DisplayName PUP.Optional.wSys.A
Restart the machine in the normal mode after closing the registry editor, and run a complete system scan through any reliable antivirus program.