The PUP.Optional.VbatesHelper.A is a malicious infection that is categorized as a potentially unwanted program that slips in the windows based computers secretly. Mostly this nasty infection attacks the computers that are not protected well, and do not have any reliable antivirus program. This deadly dangerous computer worm is bundled with many software programs that you downloads from many of the famous sites such as CNET, Brothersoft, and Softonic. The PUP.Optional.VbatesHelper.A works just like an adware, and can modify all the browsers, including the home page, default browsers, and windows firewall. Once installed, it will flood your screen with annoying pop-up ads, and will not allow you to work freely on the web. It performs fake scans on the system, and shows threatening results to the user.
Removal of PUP.Optional.VbatesHelper.A
The PUP.Optional.VbatesHelper.A is a nasty infection that can harm your computer in many ways, and required to be removed swiftly as well as completely. You can remove this virus manually as well as automatically, and the both methods have their own advantages. The automatic removal is easy and fast; whereas, the manual method is complicated for the novice computer users:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before starting the manual removal of the PUP.Optional.VbatesHelper.A, you have to boot the computer in the safe mode. Restart the machine, and hit the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted to see the list of boot options on the screen. Choose the Safe Mode option from the list, and hit the Enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
The next step of this process is getting rid of the associated processes of this adware program. Access the task manager through Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and once the task manager window is accessed, you have to select the processes tab, and remove the following malicious processes associated with the PUP.Optional.VbatesHelper.A before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Once you are done with the Processes issue, you have to remove the associated files of this infection along with the folders. Following are some of the suspicious files that are required to be removed from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, get rid of the malicious entries from the windows registry to complete the manual removal process. Execute the Regedit command through the Run option available in the start menu in order to access the registry editor. Delete the following corrupt entries associated with the PUP.Optional.VbatesHelper.A once the registry editor is accessed:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.VbatesHelper.A\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.VbatesHelper.A\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.VbatesHelper.A\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.VbatesHelper.A\DisplayName PUP.Optional.VbatesHelper.A
Close the registry editor, and restart the computer in the normal mode to to see if the virus is removed. Run a complete system scan from the main interface of your default antivirus to remove any infected files.