The PUP. Optional. ValueApps is a serious threat to the security of your data, and performance of your system components that is classified as an adware program. The PUP. Optional. ValueApps sneaks in the systems without getting the consent of the user, and start performing malicious activities, It disables the antivirus, and modify the windows firewall settings to open the backdoor for the additional threats. The PUP.Optional.ValueApps distributed through live streaming of the programs, spam emails, download managers, PDF creators, and external storage devices. The main objective behind developing such a lethal adware is to extract the money of the users through frauds and other cyber crimes. It is capable of creating copies after replicating itself, and can make your system extremely slow by consuming the large portion of system resources. This deadly dangerous adware is designed by the cyber thugs in a way that it can easily bypass the most powerful antivirus program. Once entered, this adware infection is a serious threat to the privacy of your data.
Removal of PUP.Optional.ValueApps
After knowing that the system is compromised to PUP.Optional.ValueApps, you have to protect your system by removing this infection effectively. There are both manual as well as automatic ways available to get rid of this virus. The automatic removal is convenient as well as fast. The manual removal is extremely hard and consists of the following set of instructions:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You can proceed to the manual removal process of the PUP.Optional.ValueApps after booting the system in the safe mode. Restart the computer and access the list of boot options by hitting the F8 key repeatedly. Select the safe mode, and hit the Enter key to open the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
In the next step of this process you have to kill the associated processes of the this adware infection. In this regard, hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the task manager, and click on the processes tab to see the list of processes. Find and remove the following processes one by one:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Once done with the process issue, you are required to get rid of the associated files of the PUP. Optional. ValueApps you have to remove the following files by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
To clean the windows registry you have to open the registry editor by selecting the start menu, choose Run option, and type Regedit in the box. Once the registry editor is accessed, delete the following entries associated with this adware infection:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.ValueApps\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.ValueApps\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.ValueApps\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.ValueApps\DisplayName PUP.Optional.ValueApps
In the end, you have to start the system in the normal mode. If the virus is removed successfully, do not forget to run a complete system scan to remove the infections caused by this nasty adware infection.