The PUP.Optional.TornTV.A is classified as a potentially unwanted program that enters in the system, secretly, and starts performing destructive activities without providing any information. This malicious application pretends to be a useful program that helps you in finding the best online deals, and coupon offers. It provides you the information about discounted offers, price comparison, and reviews. However, this is a totally fake application that creates several issues in your system, including the degradation of speed, privacy of data, vulnerable security, and strange behavior of the system. Mostly, this unwanted program installed on the system through the freeware download. Once this infection able to settle down in the system, it modifies the DNS settings, security settings, browser settings, and windows registry without your consent. You will start feeling that, your browsing is not in your control. You will be redirected towards phishing websites every time you try to open any website. One of the main worries for the users is the degradation of the PC performance. It also creates the internet connection issues as the speed of the internet affected badly.
Removal of PUP.Optional.TornTV.A
After knowing that the system is compromised to the PUP.Optional.TornTV.A, you have to decide how to remove this unwanted program. This malicious application can be removed automatically by selecting a reliable automatic tool. Besides that, the manual removal process is also available which is complicated. The manual removal instructions are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
It is impossible to start removing this virus manually by remaining in the normal mode; therefore, you have to boot the system in the safe mode. Restart the system, and access the boot options menu by hitting the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted. As soon as see the boot options list, select the Safe Mode, and press the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
By remaining in the safe mode, you have to remove the associated processes of this malicious application. Open the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the Processes tab. Remove the following processes associated with this potentially unwanted program, and close the task manager: –
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After completing the removal of the processes, you have to remove the following suspicious files associated with the PUP.Optional.TornTV.A from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Finally, eradicate the following corrupt entries from the windows registry. In this regard, access the registry editor through the Run option on the Start Menu, and type “regedit” in the box before pressing the “OK”. After accessing the registry editor, remove the following corrupt entries associated with the PUP.Optional.TornTV.A:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.TornTV.A\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.TornTV.A\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.TornTV.A\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.TornTV.A\DisplayName PUP.Optional.TornTV.A
Reboot the machine in the normal mode to see the effect of recent changes, and update your existing antivirus to run a complete system scan.