The PUP.Optional.TinyInstaller is a malicious program that is categorized as a potentially unwanted application. This nasty computer worm is recently developed by the cyber criminals to attack the windows based systems. Once this application sneaks into the system, it alters the settings of your default browser, an disturb your web surfing sessions.The PUP.Optional.TinyInstaller often attacks the computer when user tries to play online games from unknown websites, visiting adult sites, downloading freeware, and using compromised external storage devices. The basic purpose of developing such lethal weapon is to access the sensitive information of the targeted user, including the passwords, emails, credit card details, and bank account credentials. Apart from that, the hackers also use this virus to display the commercial pop-up ads to promote certain type of affiliate products. The PUP.Optional.TinyInstaller infection makes your system as slow as a snail because it eats most of the system resources.
Removal of PUP.Optional.TinyInstaller
After knowing that your system becomes a victim of the PUP.Optional.TinyInstaller infection, you need to plan how to get rid of this virus immediately. You can use any reliable automatic removal tool in this regard which is not only easy, but also quick. Apart from that, the manual removal is also possible that consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before going through the manual removal steps, you have to operate the system in the safe mode. To terminate the normal mode, you have to restart the system, and get the access of the boot options menu by hitting the F8 key repeatedly. Select the safe mode option from the list and press the Enter key to boot the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Get rid of the associated processes of the PUP.Optional.TinyInstaller infection. Press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the windows task manager, and select the Processes tab under the task manager window to kill the following malicious processes associated with this malicious application. After completing the removal of these processes, you have to close the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Remove the following associated files of the PUP.Optional.TinyInstaller from the system files folder by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
It is extremely important that you clean the windows registry by reversing the modifications made by this infection. In this regard, click on the start menu, select Run option, and write RegEdit in the box to access the registry editor. Delete the following associated entries of the PUP.Optional.TinyInstaller with the help of the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.TinyInstaller\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.TinyInstaller\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.TinyInstaller\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.TinyInstaller\DisplayName PUP.Optional.TinyInstaller
Close the registry editor, and restart the system in the normal mode to see how effectively you have followed the manual removal instructions. Update the existing antivirus program, and run a complete system scan.