The PUP.Optional.ReMarkIt.A is a malicious application that is considered as a computer worm, and classified as a backdoor virus. The PUP.Optional.ReMarkIt.A attacks the windows based computers while visiting a corrupt website, installing freeware, clicking on the spam email attachments, and using corrupt external storage devices. Once installed, it immediately creates the fake startup keys in the windows registry due to which it becomes able to start automatically everytime you opens the computer. This nasty backdoor virus makes many of the important programs inaccessible due to which you cannot perform any task on the system. After changing the security settings on the system, it disables the antivirus, and invite other parasites inside the system. It gains the complete control of your system after changing the browser settings, DNS settings, and other crucial settings in the system without your consent. Whenever you go online, it shows the annoying pop-up alerts. Most of these ads are for commercial purposes promote certain affiliate products.
Removal of PUP.Optional.ReMarkIt.A
After confirming that your computer becomes the victim of the PUP.Optional.ReMarkIt.A virus, you have to start removing this infection without wasting a single minute. You can take help from any reliable automatic removal tool to remove this adware. The manual removal of this malicious application is also possible by following the instructions mentioned below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
It is important that you start the system in the safe mode. In this regard, reboot the computer, and use the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted to access the boot options screen. Once you can see the boot options on the screen, select the safe mode from the list and strike the Enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Access the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the Processes tab under this window where you can see a list of processes running in the background. Get rid of the following associated processes of this backdoor virus before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Once the associated processes are removed successfully, you have to remove the following associated files from the system files folder with the help of the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you have to reverse the modifications made by this backdoor virus in the windows registry. In this regard, you have to access the registry editor by clicking on the start menu, select the Run option, and type RegEdit in the box. Once you are able to see the registry editor, delete the following suspicious entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.ReMarkIt.A\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.ReMarkIt.A\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.ReMarkIt.A\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.ReMarkIt.A\DisplayName PUP.Optional.ReMarkIt.A
Reboot the computer in the normal mode to see the effect of changes you have made recently. Run a complete system scan through your existing antivirus program.