The PUP.Optional.Outbox.A is another variation of nasty adware infections that sneaks in the windows based computers secretly, and start performing illegal activities within the system. Once installed, the PUP.Optional.Outbox.A reduces the level of security and drops the malicious files on your system. Besides displaying tons of annoying pop-up ads, it also creates shortcuts on the desktop, eats the speed of your PC, and make unwanted changes in the system. This dangerous adware program spreads through the junk mail attachments, compromised web pages, freeware downloads, and removable storage devices. Once this virus able to settle down in the system, it modifies the windows registry, disables the antivirus program, and alters the DNS settings on the system. This malicious application is developed by the black hat hackers to steal your money through cyber frauds after accessing your private financial information. The PUP.Optional.Outbox.A redirect all your searches towards unknown websites without your consent.
Removal of PUP.Optional.Outbox.A
After realizing the presence of the PUP. Optional. Outbox. A on the system, you have to decide what method you are going to use to remove this nasty adware program. The automatic tools are easily available which are not only easy to use, but also remove this virus within just a few minutes. Besides that, the manual removal is also possible. The instructions for the manual removal of this virus are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Change the mode of operation of terminating the normal mode and boot the computer in the safe mode. In this regard, you have to restart the machine, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options menu. Select the safe mode, once you are able to see the options on your screen, and strike the Enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the safe mode, you have to kill the associated processes of the PUP.Optional.Outbox.A . In this regard, access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the Processes tab under the task manager window. Remove the following associated processes of this adware infection:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder through file explorer, and remove the following associated files of this virus by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The manual removal process will be completed once you remove the modifications from the windows registry. Open the start menu, select the Run, and type RegEdit in the box to access the registry editor. Remove the following associated entries of this adware program:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.Outbox.A\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.Outbox.A\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.Outbox.A\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.Outbox.A\DisplayName PUP.Optional.Outbox.A
Close the registry editor before restarting the computer in the normal mode to see how effectively you have followed the instructions. Select complete system scan from the main interface of your default antivirus program to remove any infections caused by this virus.