The PUP.Optional.OptimizerPro is a malicious application that can easily sneaks in the computers without getting the permission of the user. The PUP.Optional.OptimizerPro installed on the computer without the consent of the user due to which many people assume this application as an infection. If you have reliable antivirus program installed, it can detect this program as potentially harmful program that can damage your system in many ways. Once installed, the PUP.Optional.OptimizerPro is responsible of displaying frequent pop-up ads on the screen. Besides that, you will also notice that your default browser is taking too much time in loading. This malicious application contains the keyloggers to steal the sensitive details related to the user, These details may include the browsing history, shopping habits, and more importantly the credit card details. After gathering this information, it will be transferred to the hackers who use it in the cyber crimes.
The Manual Removal of PUP.Optional.OptimizerPro
Once the PUP.Optional.OptimizerPro virus invades your system, you need to delete this virus as soon as possible. The manual removal of this infection is only recommended to the advanced users and professionals as it is extremely complicated. The instructions for the manual removal of the PUP.Optional.OptimizerPro virus are detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You must terminate the normal mode of operation by restarting the PC. Press the F8 key while the system is restarted to access the list of boot options, and select the safe mode option from the list before hitting the Enter key to start the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and makes a click on the Processes tab where you can see the list of processes running in the background of your computer. You must remove the following corrupt processes that are associated with the PUP.Optional.OptimizerPro infection:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the file explorer, and access the system files folder to find and delete the associated data of the PUP.Optional.OptimizerPro . In this regard, following are some of the related files of this infection that you need to delete:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The final step of this complicated manual removal process is removing the modifications in the windows registry made by this virus. Access the registry editor by selecting the Run option available in the Start menu, and type regedit in the box. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following associated entries of the PUP.Optional.OptimizerPro virus before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.OptimizerPro\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.OptimizerPro\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.OptimizerPro\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.OptimizerPro\DisplayName PUP.Optional.OptimizerPro
Reboot the machine in the normal mode to see effect of changed you have made recently. If the virus is removed successfully, you must run a complete system scan on your PC to remove the infections caused by this infection.