The PUP.Optional.NetLiker.A is a lethal computer virus that belongs from the famous Trojan horse family of infections, and sneaks in the windows based computers without the permission of the user. This malicious application often uses the freeware, and compromised web pages to get inside in the targeted computer. Once installed, it immediately changes the home page, default search provider, and desktop background so that it can control your browsing. This malicious application hides itself deep in the system files folder, and capable of replicating itself. The performance of the system becomes weird as these stubborn Trojans eat most of the system resources. The PUP.Optional.NetLiker.A configured itself in a way that it will start automatically and stay in the background without letting you know. After accessing your private information, this dangerous Trojan sends these details to the cyber crooks who use it to steal your money. This nasty Trojan can reduce the speed of your computer, and also creates the internet connection issues. You cannot download any new applications as long as this infection not removed effectively.
Removal of PUP.Optional.NetLiker.A
After knowing that the PUP.Optional.NetLiker.A is present inside the computer, you have to do nothing but remove this dangerous computer worm from the system. You can find a number of automatic tools to get rid of this Trojan horse infection within just a few clicks of the mouse. The process of manual removal is available but extremely difficult for the novice computer users. The detailed instructions for the manual removal are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The process of manual removal of the PUP.Optional.NetLiker.A is started when you boot the system in the safe mode. Restart the machine and keep striking the F8 key repeatedly to see the list of options. Choose the safe mode option from the list and press the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Access the windows task manager by using the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and select the Processes tab once you are able to access the task manager. Remove the following associated processes of the PUP.Optional.NetLiker.A before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
You must remove the following associated files of the PUP.Optional.NetLiker.A infection from the system files folder with the help of the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you have to reverse the modifications made by this virus in the windows registry. Open the registry editor by selecting the start menu, choose Run option, and type Regedit in the box. After accessing the registry editor, delete the following entries associated with the PUP.Optional.NetLiker.A:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.NetLiker.A\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.NetLiker.A\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.NetLiker.A\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.NetLiker.A\DisplayName PUP.Optional.NetLiker.A
Reboot the computer once again but this time in the normal mode to see how effectively you have followed the instructions, and run a system scan from the main interface of your antivirus program.