The PUP.Optional.MyWordTool.A is a recently designed, and distributed computer infection that infects thousands of computers using the windows operating system. It can infect all the versions of the Windows including the Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 8. It adds the corrupt keys in the windows registry which makes it able to execute automatically everytime you boot the system. The PUP.Optional.MyWordTool.A makes your PC completely useless by making several unwanted changes. It has the ability to replicate itself, and within a short time it spreads on the different places in your system. The windows firewall along with the antivirus software disabled to avoid any detection or removal effort. The main objective of the cyber crooks to develop such lethal weapon is to exploit the vulnerabilities in the system, and access the most private details of the user including the bank account information, and credit card details. This information is then used by the hackers to gain monetary benefits.
Removal of PUP.Optional.MyWordTool.A
After knowing that your PC becomes the victim of the PUP.Optional.MyWordTool.A virus, you have to start removing this infection without wasting a minute. The PUP.Optional.MyWordTool.A can be removed by using any powerful automatic removal tool. Besides that, the manual removal process is also available in this regard which consists of the following set of instructions:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You cannot start the manual removal unless you do not boot the system in the safe mode. You have to restart the system in order to terminate the normal mode, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to see the boot options menu. After accessing the boot options, you have to select the safe mode option from the list before hitting the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
The next step is removal of the associated processes. Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys, to access the task manager, and select the processes tab to delete the following suspicious processes associated with the PUP.Optional.MyWordTool.A by using the “End Process” button before closing the task manager window:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Once the associated processes of this infection are removed, now you have to remove the associated files of this virus. Following are the files that you have to remove as soon as possible:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Open the start menu, select the Run option, and write Regedit before pressing the OK button to access the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following malicious entries associated with the PUP.Optional.MyWordTool.A before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.MyWordTool.A\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.MyWordTool.A\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.MyWordTool.A\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.MyWordTool.A\DisplayName PUP.Optional.MyWordTool.A
Reboot the PC in the normal mode to see the result of your efforts to remove this virus manually. Update the antivirus program already installed on your system and run a complete system scan to remove any infections caused by this virus.