The PUP.Optional.MyStartTB.A is a relatively new computer virus that has attacked thousands of windows based computers all over the world in the recent years. This malicious application is categorized as an adware, and enters in the system while visiting compromised web pages, using corrupt external storage devices, and spam emails. Once this infection settles down in the system, the speed becomes extremely slow and it will take a lot of time to load any program. The main purpose of developing the PUP.Optional.MyStartTB.A virus is to access the most confidential information remotely, and misuse such information to gain the monetary benefits. Whenever you open your system, this malicious application starts automatically and runs in the background due to which your system is always at risk of getting additional parasites while surfing on the web. This malicious adware infection is responsible of running annoying pop-up ads on the screen in the bulk quantity after changing the default settings of the system.
Removal of PUP.Optional.MyStartTB.A
After knowing that the system is already compromised to the PUP.Optional.MyStartTB.A, you have to take solid measures to remove this infection completely. Besides automatic removal tools, there is a manual removal method also available which is a bit complicated and only recommended to the experienced computer users. The instructions for the manual removal are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The process of manual removal starts when the system starts working in the safe mode. In this regard, restart the system and keep pressing the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options. After accessing the list of boot options, you have to select the safe mode option, and hit the Enter key to open the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
The next step of this complicated process is removal of the associated processes of this infection. You have to access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the Processes tab to see a list of processes. Under this tab, you have to kill the following malicious processes by using the “End Process“button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
To remove the associated data of the PUP.Optional.MyStartTB.A virus, you have to get rid of the following files hidden in the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The manual removal process only completed when you clean the windows registry by removing the modifications made by this virus in the windows registry. Access the registry editor by executing the Regedit command through Run option available in the start menu. Once the registry editor is started, delete the following entries associated with the PUP.Optional.MyStartTB.A:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.MyStartTB.A\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.MyStartTB.A\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.MyStartTB.A\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.MyStartTB.A\DisplayName PUP.Optional.MyStartTB.A
Reboot the system once again in the normal mode to evaluate the success of the manual removal process, and run a complete system scan after updating the existing antivirus software.