The PUP.Optional.MSIL.Downloader.A is another malicious program that is categorized as an adware, and can be extremely harmful for the windows based computers. The PUP.Optional.MSIL.Downloader.A works as an advertising platform that is used by the cyber crooks to run pop-up ads, coupon deals, commercial advertisement campaigns, and drop down ads. Once installed, it immediately corrupts the windows registry by adding the corrupt entries, and disables the registry editor along with the task manager. This nasty adware often attacks the system through spam emails, freeware downloads, p2p sharing of files, unsafe browsing, and infected removable devices. Apart from that, this malicious application modifies the privacy settings on the infected system, and disables the windows firewall to open the backdoor for additional threats. The PUP.Optional.MSIL.Downloader.A modifies the default search provider, home page, and desktop background with your permission. You cannot detect or remove this type of program through normal antivirus or other traditional methods as it is designed through multi level coding.
Removal of PUP.Optional.MSIL.Downloader.A
After knowing that the system is compromised to the PUP.Optional.MSIL.Downloader.A infection, you have to find a way through which you can delete this virus as quickly as possible. For the basic level computer user, there are some reliable automatic removal tools available through which you can remove this dangerous computer worm within no time. The manual removal method is also available in this regard that is described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Restart the system to terminate the normal mode of operation, and access the boot options menu by striking the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted. Once the list of boot options is visible on the screen, you have to select the Safe Mode option through the arrow keys, before pressing the Enter key to start the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once you start working in the safe mode on your system, the next thing you need to do is, removing the associated processes of this adware infection. Access the task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab once the task manager is accessed. Remove the following malicious processes before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Delete the following suspicious files associated with the PUP.Optional.MSIL.Downloader.A from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you have to complete the manual removal process by removing the corrupt entries from the registry section of your windows operating system. In this regard, access the registry editor by executing the Regedit command through Run option of the start menu. Delete the following suspicious entries before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.MSIL.Downloader.A\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.MSIL.Downloader.A\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.MSIL.Downloader.A\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.MSIL.Downloader.A\DisplayName PUP.Optional.MSIL.Downloader.A
Restart the system in the normal mode, to see the success or failure of the manual removal efforts, and run a system scan through any updated antivirus software.