The PUP.Optional.Jumpyapps is a malicious application that is considered as potentially unwanted program, and classified as an adware infection. Once this nasty adware able to sneaks in the system, it performs several harmful activities inside the computer, and take full control of your surfing activities. This adware arrives in the system through spam emails, infected removable storage devices, social media, peer to peer sharing of files, and unsafe browsing. This malicious adware is always bundled with other type of parasites, including the malware, spyware, ransomware, and Trojans. Once installed, it modifies the home page, search provider, and desktop background. You will also notice that the system is running with slow speed, and the performance is reduced gradually with each day. It creates the fake startup keys, and other entries in the windows registry. Important system files might be removed without your permission, and you cannot access the task manager as well as other system utilities. In short, your system starts behaving weirdly, and always respond slowly.
Removal of PUP.Optional.Jumpyapps
Once you are able to confirm the availability of the PUP.Optional.Jumpyapps, you have to think how to get rid of this infection. You can remove this adware by using any powerful automatic tool. Besides that, the manual removal process is also available in this regard that is recommended for the advanced level users, and consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
It is compulsory to boot the infected PC in the safe mode before proceeding with the manual removal instructions. In this regard, restart the machine, and access the boot options menu by hitting the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted. Select the safe mode option from the list before hitting the enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
In the next step of this process, you have to hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the windows task manager. Select the Processes tab under the task manager, and remove the following suspicious processes associated with the PUP.Optional.Jumpyapps by using the “End Process” button and close the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Once you are done with the removal of processes issue, You have to remove the associated data of this adware program. In this regard, following are some of the suspicious files required to be removed from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Click on the start menu, select Run, and type RegEdit in the box to access the registry editor. Delete the following associated entries of the PUP.Optional.Jumpyapps and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.Jumpyapps\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.Jumpyapps\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.Jumpyapps\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.Jumpyapps\DisplayName PUP.Optional.Jumpyapps
Check the system in the normal mode, and analyze the success or failure of the manual removal efforts. Update your existing antivirus before running a complete system scan on the system.