The PUP.Optional.FullSpectrumAdmin is a dangerous computer worm that is classified as an adware program. This nasty adware attacks the vulnerable computers that do not have any effective antivirus program. Once this nasty adware able to make its ways in the system, it starts showing you the deceptive pop-up ads on the screen of your computer, and if you click on these pop-ups, you will actually invite harmful activities on your system. The PUP.Optional.FullSpectrumAdmin sneaks in the PC when you download free software from an unknown source, click on the junk mail attachments, unsafe browsing, social engineering, and file sharing networks. Once this malicious application enters in the system, it will modify the system settings, including the windows registry, windows firewall, and system files folder. The hackers also use this virus to implant the additional parasites on the infected computer, and access the private data of the targeted users. Apart from that, the PUP.Optional.FullSpectrumAdmin disables the important system utilities such as task manager, antivirus tools, registry editor, and windows error service. This adware program causes the blue screen error, and you will also experience the frequent crashes without any reason.
Removal of PUP.Optional.FullSpectrumAdmin
As soon as you realized the presence of the PUP.Optional.FullSpectrumAdmin infection, you have to get rid of this adware program either manually, or by selecting any reliable automatic tool. The automatic method is easy, and recommended for the basic level users; whereas, the manual removal is extremely difficult that consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You are required to boot the computer in the safe mode before proceeding in the manual removal method. Restart the computer and access the boot options by pressing the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted. Once you are able to see the boot options, click on the Safe Mode option, and press the enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the safe mode, you have to end the associated processes of this adware infection by accessing the windows task manager. Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and select the Processes tab where you can see the list of processes running in the background of your PC. You have to kill the following processes as soon as possible:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Remove of the following associated files of this malicious application from the system files folder by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Access the registry editor by clicking on the start menu, select Run, and type Regedit.exe before pressing the OK button. Once the registry editor is accessed, delete the following corrupt entries associated with the PUP.Optional.FullSpectrumAdmin:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.FullSpectrumAdmin\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.FullSpectrumAdmin\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.FullSpectrumAdmin\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.FullSpectrumAdmin\DisplayName PUP.Optional.FullSpectrumAdmin
Close the registry editor, and boot the system in the normal mode to see the result of your efforts, and run a full system scan after updating the existing antivirus.