The PUP.Optional.FreshyToolbar is a dangerous computer virus that is discovered recently. The PUP.Optional.FreshyToolbar is exclusively developed to attack the windows based computers, and it mostly uses the security breaches available in the system. After tracking the online activity, and your browsing preferences, this malicious application shows the pop-up ads according to your interests. In this way, the cyber crooks can promote their products as well as websites more effectively. There are other parasites bundled with the PUP.Optional.FreshyToolbar to invade the privacy of your system. Once installed, all your searches will be redirected towards unknown websites, and it shows the fake search results. You cannot access some of the system utilities like task manager, registry editor, and antivirus tools. The speed as well as the performance of the system components reduced noticeably because a large portion of the system resources are consumed by this malicious application. After changing most of the browser settings, it can damage your default browser completely.
Removal of PUP.Optional.FreshyToolbar
As soon as it is confirmed that the PUP.Optional.FreshyToolbar invades your system, you have to protect your data as well as system by removing this virus effectively. The automatic removal of this nasty computer malware is easy as well as fast; besides that, the manual removal process is also available which is hard for the basic level computer users.
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
To start the manual removal process you have to access the safe mode operation. In this regard, you have to restart the system and access the boot options by pressing the F8 key repeatedly. Once the boot options are appeared on the screen, select the safe mode option from the list, and hit the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the system is started in the safe mode, you have to remove the associated processes of the PUP.Optional.FreshyToolbar. Access the task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the Processes tab to see a list of processes. You have to remove the following processes by using the “End Process“button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
You have to remove the following files from the system files folder by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, do not forget to remove the associated entries of the PUP.Optional.FreshyToolbar from the windows registry. You have to access the registry editor by executing the Regedit command through Run option available in the start menu. Delete the following suspicious entries associated with this virus after accessing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.FreshyToolbar\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.FreshyToolbar\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.FreshyToolbar\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.FreshyToolbar\DisplayName PUP.Optional.FreshyToolbar
Reboot the computer in the normal mode to see how effectively you are able to follow the manual removal instructions, and run a complete system scan after updating the existing antivirus program to remove any infections caused by the PUP.Optional.FreshyToolbar.