The PUP.Optional.Firseria is a nasty computer infection that is classified as an adware infection, and arrives in the system without providing any prior information. This malicious application also acts as a browser hijacker as well as spyware to keep an eye on your browsing activities. The PUP.Optional.Firseria installs on your default browser as a browser extension, and it can infect browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer. The hackers use different channels to spread this malicious application, including the file sharing networks, spam emails, hacked web pages, and adult websites. It modifies the system settings, and disables the windows firewall to invite other parasites in the system. The basic purpose of developing such lethal adware program is to take the control of your browsing, and access the personal details like IP address, host name, emails, passwords, credit card information, and browsing history. It also deletes some of the important system files, and start eating the system resources due to which, you will notice several problems on your PC, including screen freezes, and system crashes.
Removal of PUP.Optional.Firseria
As soon as you realize the presence of the PUP.Optional.Firseria adware infection in your system, you have to decide which methods you are going to use to remove this virus. You can achieve this goal by selecting any reliable automatic removal tool that is easily available. Besides that, the manual removal process of this virus is also available that consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You are required to terminate the normal mode and access the system in the safe mode to proceed in the manual removal of this adware infection. In this regard, Restart the PC, and strike the F8 key repeatedly to see the list of boot options. Select the safe mode option, and press the enter key to access the safe mode operation.
End the Malicious Processes
Once safe mode is accessed, you can proceed to the removal of the associated processes of the PUP.Optional.Firseria. Access the windows task manager, and click on the processes tab under the task manager window. Get rid of the following associated processes of this adware program, before closing the task manager window:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Proceed with the system files folder from the file explorer, and remove the following files by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the next step, you have to access the registry editor by executing the RegEdit command through the Run option on the Start Menu. When you are able to access the registry editor, you need to remove the following corrupt entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.Firseria\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.Firseria\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.Firseria\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.Firseria\DisplayName PUP.Optional.Firseria
Restart the system in the normal mode to see how effectively you are able to follow the instructions. You have to run a complete system scan through an updated version of your antivirus.