The PUP.Optional.FastAdressBar.A is a nasty computer infection that is classified as a browser hijacker as well as adware infection. Once installed, it directly affects the functionality of the windows operating system, and modify the default DNS settings to take the control of your browsing. This malicious application enters in the system while clicking on compromised link, or downloading a video file from the unknown source. The hackers promote the random products as well as service with the help of this nasty adware infection, and the other purpose of developing this lethal weapon is to get monetary benefit through financial frauds. If you failed to remove this adware program from your system in time, the chances of getting additional infections are increased. The PUP.Optional.FastAdressBar.A is capable of replicating itself, and transfer to other computers connected to the same network. It also disables the antivirus installed on the system to avoid the detection effort.
Removal of PUP.Optional.FastAdressBar.A
After becoming the victim of the PUP.Optional.FastAdressBar.A virus, you have to protect the system resources as well as data by removing the virus as quickly as possible. There are some powerful and reliable automatic tools available to get rid of this adware program. You can also use the manual removal process in this regard. The steps involved in the manual removal are described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
First of all you have to boot the system in safe mode as some of the important utilities that you need to access while executing the manual removal process cannot be accessed by remaining in the normal mode. Restart the infected machine, and strike the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted to see the boot options menu. Once the boot options are accessed, move the arrow key to select the safe mode, and strike the Enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
To access the windows task manager, hold Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab in the task manager window to remove the following processes associated with the PUP.Optional.FastAdressBar.A before closing the task manager window:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
You have to remove the following associated files of the PUP.Optional.FastAdressBar.A from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Open the registry editor by executing the Regedit command through Run option of the start menu. Remove the following associated entries of this nasty adware infection once the registry editor is accessed:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.FastAdressBar.A\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.FastAdressBar.A\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.FastAdressBar.A\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.FastAdressBar.A\DisplayName PUP.Optional.FastAdressBar.A
Once all of the above mentioned instructions are completed, close the registry editor, and access the PC in the normal mode by restarting it. Do not forget to run a complete scan on the system through the updated version of your current antivirus to remove any infections caused by this adware virus.