The PUP.Optional.ExpressFiles.A Virus is another malicious application that is classified as a severe potentially unwanted program. It works just like any other stubborn browser hijacker or an adware infection, and gains the control of your browsing activity. Once installed, it shows a number of pop-up messages on the screen of your computer whenever you go to surf on the web. Most of these pop-up ads are related to the coupon deals, and discounted offers for popular online shopping websites. It creates fake registry entries in the windows registry and download the corrupt files in the system files folder. This nasty infection is capable of collecting the information, including browsing history, bank account information, credit card numbers, passwords, and emails. It alters most of the default system settings, and you will notice that the windows firewall, and antivirus disabled without your permission. The home page, search provider, and the desktop is also modified without your consent, and you are unable to access the task manager, as well as registry editor.
Removal of PUP.Optional.ExpressFiles.A Virus
The PUP.Optional.ExpressFiles.A Virus is a dangerous computer worm that can be extremely lethal if not removed effectively from the system. There are some excellent automatic removal tools available in this regard, that are not only easy to use, but also give you hundred percent results. The manual removal process is a bit complicated for the novice computer users that is described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before starting the manual removal of this virus, you need to boot the system in the safe mode. In this regard, you are required to restart the system, and while the system is restarted, strike the F8 key repeatedly to access the boot options screen. Once you are able to see the boot options on your screen, you have to select the Safe Mode option and hit the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to access the task manager, and click on the processes tab under the task manager window to see the list of processes running in the background of your computer. Get rid of the following associated processes of the PUP.Optional.ExpressFiles.A Virus:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You have to get rid of the following suspicious files associated with the PUP.Optional.ExpressFiles.A Virus from the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Finally, you have to remove the corrupt additions made by this virus in the windows registry. In this regard, access the registry editor by clicking on the start menu, select Run option, and type RegEdit. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to remove the following suspicious entries associated with the PUP.Optional.ExpressFiles.A Virus:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.ExpressFiles.A\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.ExpressFiles.A\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.ExpressFiles.A\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.ExpressFiles.A\DisplayName PUP.Optional.ExpressFiles.A
You have to reboot the computer in the normal mode after closing the registry editor to see the effect of recent changes.