The PUP.Optional.ExpressFiles.A is a dangerous program that is classified as a potentially unwanted program. The hackers use this malicious application to display the coupon deals, and discounted offers through pop-up messages. The PUP.Optional.ExpressFiles.A is known as a resource eater, and eats a high percentage of system resources which causes a huge decrease in the overall system. Once this unwanted program attacks the system, it creates the corrupt files in the system files folder, and add suspicious entries in the windows registry. It is also used to collect the valuable personal financial information, including the credit card numbers, online banking details, passwords, and browsing history. After gathering this information, it will be transferred to the cyber crooks who uses it in the cyber crimes. It is capable of self replicating itself, and hide itself intelligently deep in the roots of the system files folder. Mostly, this infection enters into a system through file sharing networks, spam email attachments, removable storage devices, and compromised websites.
Removal of PUP.Optional.ExpressFiles.A
You have to confirm the availability of the PUP.Optional.ExpressFiles.A in the system before trying to remove this infection. The automatic removal of this infection is one of the easiest methods of getting rid of this infection, and it is recommended for the new or average computer users. You can also remove this adware manually, which is a complicated process for the novice users. The manual removal instructions are mentioned below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You can start executing the manual removal commands after accessing the system in the safe mode. In this regard, you just have to restart the PC, and hit the F8 key repeatedly to see the list of boot options. Select the safe mode option from the list and press the enter key to access the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
In the next step, you have to access the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and select the Processes tab in which you can see a list of processes running in the background. You have to find and remove the following processes associated with the PUP.Optional.ExpressFiles.A before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder through file explorer, find the following associated files of the PUP.Optional.ExpressFiles.A, and remove these files as quickly as possible:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
It is important to remove the corrupt entries from the windows registry to complete this process. In this regard, access the registry editor by clicking on the start menu, select Run, and type RegEdit. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following associated entries of the PUP.Optional.ExpressFiles.A:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.ExpressFiles.A\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.ExpressFiles.A\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.ExpressFiles.A\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.ExpressFiles.A\DisplayName PUP.Optional.ExpressFiles.A
Restart the system once again, but in the normal mode to see how effectively you are able to follow the instructions.