How to Remove PUP.Optional.DownloadsterThe PUP. Optional. Downloadster is an annoying potentially unwanted program that often attacks the windows based computers secretly, and damage the system components in a way that the computer becomes completely useless. This program often installed on the personal computer when the user tries to open the spam email attachments, downloading something from unknown sources, clicking on the compromised links, and visiting the hacked websites. The purpose of sending this nasty computer infection is to take the control of online activities of the targeted user, and access his personal information that can be used in the online frauds. Besides several other changes, you will also notice that the home page, and search provider is also modified without your permission. It can be lethal for your system resources as it adds the corrupt files in the system files folder, and create fake entries in the windows registry. Every time you try to search on the web, you will be redirected towards phishing websites for the purpose of generating traffic.
Removal of PUP.Optional.Downloadster
The PUP.Optional.Downloadster infection is an extremely dangerous computer worm that should be removed as soon as you are able to confirm its presence. This dangerous infection can be removed by selecting a powerful automatic tool. Besides that, the manual removal of this infection is also possible that is detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before starting the manual removal process, you need to access the safe mode on the infected computer. In this regard, Restart the system, and strike the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted to access the boot options screen. After accessing the boot options screen, you have to select the Safe Mode option before hitting the Enter button to open the PC in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
You are required to kill the associated processes of the PUP.Optional.Downloadster by accessing the task manager through Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys.Under the task manager window, you have to click on the processes tab to see the list of processes. Get rid of the following associated processes of this infection before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Remove the associated data of this malicious application. In this regard, remove the following files from the system files folder by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, do not forget to remove the suspicious entries from the windows registry. In this regard, open the registry editor by running the Regedit command through the start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, erase the following entries as soon as possible:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.Downloadster\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.Downloadster\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.Downloadster\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.Downloadster\DisplayName PUP.Optional.Downloadster
Restart the system in the normal mode to see the manual removal process is successful or failed, and run a complete system scan through an updated version of any reliable antivirus program.