The PUP.Optional.DeltaTB is a dangerous computer worm that is categorized as an adware program, and attacks the windows based computers secretly. This malicious application enters in the computer along with other programs, therefore, you must be careful while downloading any software, and always choose a custom installation instead of automatic installation. When the PUP.Optional.DeltaTB installed on your computer, it initially attacks the privacy settings, and security settings to avoid the detection through antivirus. It also modifies your default browser, home page, and desktop background to take the complete control of your online activities. Once this infection performs these changes secretly, it starts redirecting your searches towards unknown websites. You will be diverted towards commercial websites whenever you try to open anything, and soon you start realized that the system is not in your control. You will also notice the slow speed of your computer once this virus start eating your resources.
The Manual Removal of PUP.Optional.DeltaTB
You have to realize that as soon as it is confirmed the presence of the PUP.Optional.DeltaTB infection in your PC, you need to remove it without wasting a single minute. This virus can be removed by using any reliable automatic removal tool which is ideal method for the new users. The more experienced users can try the manual removal method as per following instructions:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The actual removal processes starts when you boot the computer in the safe mode. In order to terminate the normal mode of operation, you have to restart the system, and use the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarting to access boot options. Once you can see the boot options on your PC, select the Safe Mode option and hit the Enter key to start the safe mode operation.
End the Malicious Processes
Access the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Select the processes tab from the task manager window where you can see a list of running processes in the background of your computer. You have to delete the following suspicious processes associated to the PUP.Optional.DeltaTB:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
To proceed further with the manual removal, you need to delete the following associated files of the PUP.Optional.DeltaTB virus:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The final and most important step of this process is removing the modifications from the windows registry. Access the registry editor by clicking on the star menu, select Run, and type Regedit in the box to access the registry editor. Remove the following entries with the help of the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.DeltaTB\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.DeltaTB\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.DeltaTB\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.DeltaTB\DisplayName PUP.Optional.DeltaTB
Boot the computer in the normal mode to see the success of the process after closing the registry editor. Update the existing antivirus software before running a complete system scan on your computer.