The PUP.Optional.DefaultSearch.A is a dangerous application that is categorized as a PUP potentially unwanted program. It is mostly attacks the system while downloading any free application from an un-trusted source. Once this tricky infection able to infiltrate in the system, it is used by the hackers as a tool to increase sales, and drive traffic on the system. The PUP.Optional.DefaultSearch.A troubles the innocent computer users by displaying numerous pop-up ads which is quite annoying when you try to surf on the internet. It modifies the windows firewall in order to invite more harmful applications in the system. It can infect the browsers like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Mozilla Firefox. It has the ability to steal the most confidential data of the users in order to use it in the cyber crimes. The speed issues also arise in the system because of the presence of the PUP.Optional.DefaultSearch.A.
Manual Removal of PUP.Optional.DefaultSearch.A
Once it becomes obvious that the HQ-Video-Pro-2.1cV01.01 infection is arrived in the system, your first priority should be to get rid of this infection as quickly as possible. There are two different ways through which you can remove the HQ-Video-Pro-2.1cV01.01 infection. The easiest method of doing this is through any powerful automatic removal tool. Besides that, you can also remove this infection from your system manually by following the directions mentioned below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You have to change the mode of operation from normal to safe, and in this regard you have to restart the system. While restarting, keep pressing the F8 key to access the boot options. Once you can see a list of options, select the safe mode through arrow key and press the Enter to start the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Remove the associated processes of this malicious application in the next step of this process. Access the task manager with the help of the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys and click on the processes tab to see a list of processes running in the background. Delete the following suspicious processes associated with the HQ-Video-Pro-2.1cV01.01:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You have to remove the following files that are hidden in the system files folder by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, normalize the windows registry by reversing the modifications created by this infection in the registry section. Select the Run option available in the Start menu, and write “RegEdit” in the box to access the registry editor. Remove the following malicious entries before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.DefaultSearch.A \DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.DefaultSearch.A \UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.DefaultSearch.A \ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.DefaultSearch.A \DisplayName PUP.Optional.DefaultSearch.A
Reboot the computer in the normal mode to see the effectiveness of the manual removal process. After successful removal of this adware infection, you have to update your existing antivirus, and run a complete system scan.