The PUP.Optional.BrowseSmart.A is a serious threat for the overall security of your system as it is capable of damaging your resources as well as data. This malicious application introduce itself as a useful application that can enhance your web surfing experience, but in reality this is nothing more than a computer worm that can make your system completely useless. This nasty computer worm can damage your system in all possible ways after bypassing your security tools. Once the PUP.Optional.BrowseSmart.A enters in the system, you will find that the homepage, and default search engine are changed without your consent. This dangerous worm can affect the speed of the system very badly, and whenever you try to open any website, it will take too long to open. It starts affecting the privacy of data in your system as the main objective behind developing the PUP.Optional.BrowseSmart.A is to steal the sensitive personal details of the users. The hackers access your information such as credit card details, bank account information, and passwords by using this dangerous parasite. This is an extremely dangerous threat that you need to remove at your earliest.
Removal of PUP.Optional.BrowseSmart.A
After discovering the PUP.Optional.BrowseSmart.A inside the system, you have to plan l of this nasty computer infection. There are both manual as well as automatic removal methods available to get rid of this unwanted application. The automatic removal is simple and easy to use which can delete this virus within just a few minutes. On the other hand, the manual removal is possible yet complicated. Following are the detailed instructions of the manual removal process:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The manual removal process of the PUP.Optional.BrowseSmart.A started once you start the system in the safe mode. Restart the system, and press the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted to gain the access of the boot options screen. Select the safe mode options from the list before pressing the Enter key.
End the Malicious Processes
Once you start the system in the safe mode, the next thing you have to do is, access the task manager with the help of Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys. Hit the Processes tab in the task manager window, and remove the following suspicious processes associated with the PUP.Optional.BrowseSmart.A:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder, and remove the following associated files of the PUP.Optional.BrowseSmart.A from there by using the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you have to open the registry editor by executing the Regedit command through “Run” option available in the start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, delete the following entries associated to the PUP.Optional.BrowseSmart.A:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.BrowseSmart.A\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.BrowseSmart.A\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.BrowseSmart.A\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.BrowseSmart.A\DisplayName PUP.Optional.BrowseSmart.A
Reboot the system in the normal mode to analyze the success of your efforts. Run a complete system scan through an updated version of your existing antivirus.