The PUP.Optional.Bomlabio.A is a nasty computer virus categorized as an adware infection that is designed and distributed by the cyber crooks to infect the windows based computers in the different parts of the world. This malicious application propagates through a number of different methods without the consent of the user. You will be redirected towards strange URLs without any reason, and you will feel that you have no control over your browsing activities. The screen will be flooded with the annoying pop-up ads. All these activities are designed for the commercial purposes to make commissions through generating traffic on the affiliate websites. Once installed, the PUP.Optional.Bomlabio.A infection creates the startup key in the windows registry to start automatically every time the user starts the computer. This dangerous adware is not only a serious threat to your system resources, but it also creates privacy issues inside the computer as the hackers always try to access the personal details such as credit card numbers, bank account credentials and browsing history.
The Manual Removal of PUP.Optional.Bomlabio.A
After getting this malicious application inside your PC, you need to find an effective method to remove the PUP.Optional.Bomlabio.A. You can delete this virus manually as well as automatically, and both methods have their own advantages. Following are the detailed instructions for manual removal of the PUP.Optional.Bomlabio.A infection:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
The manual removal process starts when you start your PC in the safe mode. Restart the computer and access the boot options menu by using the F8 key repeatedly. Once the boot options are visible on the screen of your computer, select the safe mode option from the list and press the Enter key to boot the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
After restarting the PC in the safe mode, you have to access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. After accessing the task manager, click on the process tab where you can see the list of processes running in the background. End the following associated processes of the PUP.Optional.Bomlabio.A virus before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
The next step is removal of the associated data. Delete the following files related to the PUP.Optional.Bomlabio.A virus and hidden deep in the system files folder:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The manual removal will be completed when you remove the malicious entries added by the PUP.Optional.Bomlabio.A virus in the registry section of your windows operating system. Access the registry editor by executing the RegEdit.exe command through the Run option available in the start menu. Delete the following corrupt entries and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.Bomlabio.A\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.Bomlabio.A\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.Bomlabio.A\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.Bomlabio.A\DisplayName PUP.Optional.Bomlabio.A
Restart the computer in the normal mode to see how effectively you have followed the manual removal instructions.