The PUP.Optional.BasicServe.A is a malicious computer virus that has the ability to bypass antivirus tools, and replicate itself easily. The PUP.Optional.BasicServe.A enters in any windows based system secretly, and start performing harmful activities. This dangerous threat that often spreads through the infected media devices. This infection is categorized as an adware, and once installed, it displays the price comparisons pop-up ads. You can see countless numbers of misleading as well as fake pop-up ads on the screen of your PC which is extremely annoying. After changing the security settings in your computer, the PUP.Optional.BasicServe.A makes your computer extremely vulnerable and invites other similar parasites. This is a highly dangerous adware application that can make your system completely useless if not removed quickly. Besides above harmful activities, the PUP.Optional.BasicServe.A also changes the windows registry, modify your default search engine, and alter your home page.
The Manual Removal of PUP.Optional.BasicServe.A
As soon as you realize that the PUP.Optional.BasicServe.A enters in the system, you need to remove this lethal adware infection through an effective method. There are some reliable automatic tools available online through which you can remove this lethal adware infection easily and quickly. Besides that, the manual removal method is also available for the advanced level computer users. The instructions for the manual removal method are detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You are required to boot the system in the safe mode so that you can proceed with the manual removal process. The safe mode can be accessed by restarting the system, and using the F8 key to see the list of boot options. Select the safe mode option from the list and hit the Enter key to boot the system, in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
After accessing the system in the safe mode, you have to get rid of the malicious processes associated with the PUP.Optional.BasicServe.A virus. To see the list of processes running in the background you have to access the windows task manager with the help of Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys. Once the task manager is accessed, clicked on the Processes tab and remove the following suspicious processes :-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the file explorer, select the system files folder, and delete the following associated files of this malicious application:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
To complete this process you need to clean the windows registry. Click on the start menu, and select Run option to execute the “regedit.exe” command and access the registry editor. After accessing the registry editor, you have to find and remove the following corrupt entries from the windows registry. Close the registry editor once you have removed all of these suspicious entries:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.BasicServe.A\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.BasicServe.A\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.BasicServe.A\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.BasicServe.A\DisplayName PUP.Optional.BasicServe.A
Restart the system in the normal mode to see how effectively you have followed the manual removal process.