The PUP.Optional.BabylonToolBar.A is actually present itself as a browser add-on that provides the translation services directly into the browser. In reality the PUP.Optional.BabylonToolBar.A is a malicious application that enters in the system without getting the consent of the user, and once entered, it cannot be removed through traditional removal methods. The PUP.Optional.BabylonToolBar.A can be categorized as an adware infection as it is used to display huge number of pop-up ads on the screen of the infected computer. Mostly, this advanced level adware infection bumdeled with other parasites that can badly harm your PC. It is also reported that the PUP.Optional.BabylonToolBar.A infection is wraped in CNET software to trap the innocent computer users. Once this lethal adware enters in the system, your default search engine is changed to search.babylon.com, whatever you try to search will be redirected towards unknown sites. This malicious application is used by the third party to achieve their own ill motives. The PUP.Optional.BabylonToolBar.A can create data privacy issues in the infected system, and can easily steal the confidential details of the users.
The Manual Removal of PUP.Optional.BabylonToolBar.A
After confirming the presence of this lethal browser add-on, you have to delete this completely to protect the data as well as system resources. You can do this by using any automatic removal tool easily available online. The manual removal method also available which is only recommended to the advanced level users. The steps involved in the manual removal process are detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Restart the system and use the F8 to access the boot options menu. When the boot options menu is accessed, select the safe mode option with the help of the arrow key, and press the enter button to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
By holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together you can access the task manager. Under the process tab of the windows task manager you can see a list of running processes in your computer. You have to end the following malicious processes before closing the windows task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
You have to open the system files folder and remove the following associated files of the PUP.Optional.BabylonToolBar.A infection with the help of the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
This process will be completed when you clean the registry section of your windows operating system. In this regard, you have to access the registry editor by clicking the start menu, select Run optin, andexecute the “regedit.exe” command. Remove the following entries created by this malicious application once the registry editor is accessed:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.BabylonToolBar.A\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.BabylonToolBar.A\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.BabylonToolBar.A\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.BabylonToolBar.A\DisplayName PUP.Optional.BabylonToolBar.A
You have to close the registry editor after completing the above mentioned steps, and restart the computer in the normal mode to see the effect of manual removal efforts.