The PUP.Optional.A2ZLyrics.A is a lethal computer infection that enters secretly in the system and makes the life miserable by performing annoying activities inside the PC. This malicious application only attacks targeted systems when the user tries to download encrypted data. The PUP.Optional.A2ZLyrics.A brings huge changes in the system settings without the permission of the user. The configuration of the browser is also changes completely in order to take the control of your online activities. You will also notice that the system starts behaving weirdly, and the security tools are inaccessible. You are forced to use the different search engine in order to manipulate the searching results and generate traffic on the affiliate websites. You will notice this infection when all the searching results will be redirected towards unknown places, and receive flood of pop-up ads on the screen of your PC.
The Manual Removal of PUP.Optional.A2ZLyrics.A
Once you become the victim of the PUP.Optional.A2ZLyrics.A virus, you have to decide which method you want to use to get rid of this malicious application. There are some reliable automatic removal tools available in this regard. The manual removal process is only recommended for the advanced level users. Following are the steps used in the manual removal process:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
You must terminate the normal mode by restarting the PC and use the F8 key while the system is being restarted to access the boot options menu. When the boot options are visible on the screen of your computer, you have to select the safe mode option from the list before pressing the Enter key which will start the PC in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once you are able to restart the PC in the safe mode successfully, you have to end the malicious processes associated with this virus. Access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once the task manager window is accessed, select the process tab where you have to remove the following associated processes of this malicious application before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the file explorer and access the system files folder where you need to remove the following suspicious files associated with the PUP.Optional.A2ZLyrics.A virus:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you have to access the registry editor by opening the start menu, select Run, and type regedit.exe in the box. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to locate and delete the following malicious entries created by this virus, and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.A2ZLyrics.A\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.A2ZLyrics.A\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.A2ZLyrics.A\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.Optional.A2ZLyrics.A\DisplayName PUP.Optional.A2ZLyrics.A
Restart the computer in the normal mode to see the effect of recent changes you have made. You also need to run a complete system scan after updating the antivirus software to complete the manual removal process.