The PUP.OfferBundler.ST is a lethal adware infection developed by the notorious cyber criminals in order to take complete control of the browsing activities of targeted users, and perform various harmful activities. This malicious infection spread through spam email attachments, corrupt social media links, and unsafe browsing. Once this adware installed successfully on the computer, it immediately changes the security settingsm internet settings, and other important settings. Besides that, it also create some corrupt entries in the windows registry. This deadly dangerous adware program start collecting the email addresses from your contact list, and send them email from your email id without your consent which may contain the malicious links. The PUP.OfferBundler.ST infection reduce the efficiency of the system by a considerable margin as most of the system resources are utilized by this malicious application. Besides that, you will botice that a number of executable files are downloaded on the system that contains malicious codes.
The Manual Removal of PUP.OfferBundler.ST
After getting the system infected from this adware infection, you have to find a way to remove this virus in quick time. The manual removal is only recommended for the advanced level users and computer professionals, however, the automatic removal is easy and quick. The instructions for the manual removal are as under:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
To boot the computer in the safe mode, you have to restart the computer, and use the F8 key repeatedly while the system is restarted to access the boot menu. In the boot options menu, you have to select the safe mode, and hit the Enter key to start the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
To remove the processes that are associated with the PUP.OfferBundler.ST virus, you have to access the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Once the task manager is accessed, select the processes tab where you can see the list of running processes. You have to to remove the following processes from the list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
After killing the associated processes of the PUP.OfferBundler.ST, you are required to remove the associated files of this infection. Open the system files folder, and remove the following files along with their folders with the help of the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Open the start menu, select Run, and type RegEdit in the box before pressing the Enter key to access the registry editor where you can remove the malicious modifications made by the PUP.OfferBundler.ST . Remove the following corrupt entries associated with this infection from the windows registry and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.OfferBundler.ST\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.OfferBundler.ST\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.OfferBundler.ST\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.OfferBundler.ST\DisplayName PUP.OfferBundler.ST
You have to run a complete system scan through an updated version of any reliable antivirus software after restarting the system in the normal mode to complete the manual removal process.