The PUP.NextLive is actually a potentially unwanted application that is designed by the cyber crooks to create a number of issues in the windows based computers. Once this malicious application invades the system without your consent, it changes the default system settings, including the DNS settings, browser settings, security settings, and the internet settings. Besides that, the PUP.NextLive also disables the task manager along with the registry editor to avoid any detection effort. This nasty computer worm is capable of creating the corrupt entries in the windows registry, and disable the default antivirus application. It also corrupts the most accessed data files folders, and remove some crucial system files. Apart from above mentioned harmful activities, the PUP.NextLive infection keeps showing the annoying pop-up messages whenever you try to surf on the web. If you click on these pop-up alerts, you will be redirected towards unknown websites, and all such activity is designed to gain the commercial benefits through affiliate commissions.
Removal of PUP.NextLive
The PUP.NextLive is a serious threat for the system resources as well as data stored on the system; therefore, you have to get rid of this nasty infection as soon as possible. The automatic removal method is the best option to delete this potentially unwanted program if you are a new or average computer user. The advanced level users can try the manual removal method in this regard. The steps involved in the manual removal process are detailed below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Before doing anything, you need to boot the infected computer in the safe mode so that you can proceed to the further steps of the manual removal process. Restart the system from the start menu, and strike the F8 key repeatedly to open the boot options menu. Hit the Enter key before selecting the safe mode option.
End the Malicious Processes
You are required to open the windows task manager by holding the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together. Click on the processes tab in the task manager window where you can get rid of the following associated processes of the PUP.NextLive through “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].ex
Remove the Associated Data
Remove the following associated files of this dangerous computer virus from the system files folder with the help of the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The final step of this complicated set of instructions is the removing of the associated registry entries. Click on the Start Menu, select Run, and type Regedit in the box to execute the registry editor. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to remove the following corrupt entries and close the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.NextLive\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.NextLive\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.NextLive\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.NextLive\DisplayName PUP.NextLive
Restart the machine in the normal mode to see how effectively you got rid of the PUP.NextLive. If the virus is removed successfully, you have to update the existing antivirus program and run a system scan.