The PUP.DownloadAdmin is a malicious application that is classified as an adware program, and infects hundreds of windows based platforms in the recent months. The PUP.DownloadAdmin infection can affect all the versions of the windows operating system, and perform its harmful activities to gain the commercial benefits. Once installed on any PC, the PUP.DownloadAdmin adware corrupts the system files, changes the security settings of the system to open the backdoor in the computer. These actions are actually an effort to provide remote access to the hackers so that they can steal your sensitive details like emails, passwords, payment details, and shopping preferences. Besides that, the PUP.DownloadAdmin virus also brings the additional infections after disabling your antivirus tools. It blocks your access to the security related programs, and also blocks your access to the crucial system utilities like windows task manager, and registry editor. The speed of the system also affected badly because of this virus, and overall performance along with efficiency degrades.
The Manual Removal of PUP.DownloadAdmin
You have to take solid steps in quick time to get rid of this adware infection once you discovered the PUP.DownloadAdmin inside your hard drive. There are both manual and automatic methods of removal available to get rid of the PUP.DownloadAdmin infection. The instructions for the manual removal of this virus are detailed below that you need to follow as it is described:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
Reboot the computer, and access the boot options menu by using the F8 key. Once the boot options are visible on the screen, select the Safe Mode option from the list before pressing the Enter key to boot the computer in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Once the system starts operating in the safe mode, it is time to delete the malicious processes of the PUP.DownloadAdmin infection. You have to open the windows task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab, to remove the following associated processes of this virus:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Open the system files folder by using the file explorer, and remove the following associated files of the PUP.DownloadAdmin infection with the help of the Delete key:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
You need to clean the windows registry by removing the startup keys and other malicious entries. Access the registry editor by selecting the Run option available in the Start menu, and type regedit in the box. Once the registry editor is accessed, remove the following associated entries of the PUP.DownloadAdmin infection before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.DownloadAdmin\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.DownloadAdmin\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.DownloadAdmin\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.DownloadAdmin\DisplayName PUP.DownloadAdmin
Reboot the computer in the normal mode, and if the virus is removed successfully, you have to update your antivirus software, and run a complete system scan to remove any infected material from the machine.