The PUP.215.Apps is a malicious computer virus that is classified as a Trojan infection and invades the windows platforms secretly without getting the permission of the user. The PUP.215.Apps distributed through spam email attachments, porn websites, unsafe browsing, sharing of resources with other computers on the same network, and p2p file sharing. Once this deadly dangerous Trojan attacks the computer, it will ruin the overall security of the infected system, and it is impossible to detect or remove this Trojan infection through the traditional security tools. After settling down in the system, the PUP.215.Apps alters the windows firewall to stop your access to open the security related websites. This malicious application displays a flood of the annoying pop-up ads on the screen which disturb your normal routine browsing.
The Manual Removal of PUP.215.Apps
Once it is confirmed that the PUP.215.Apps virus is available in the hard drive, you have to drop everything, and remove this virus at your earliest. There are both automatic as well as the manual removal method available. Both methods are equally effective, and the only difference is, automatic removal is much easier as compared to the manual removal of this Trojan infection. The instructions for the manual removal are described below:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
It is compulsory that you must boot the system in the safe mode before starting the actual removal process. Restart the PC, and press the F8 key repeatedly to access the list of boot options. When you can see the list, you have to select the safe mode option from the available choices before hitting the enter key to boot the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
After start working on the PC in the safe mode, you have to open the windows task manager to get rid of the associated processes of the PUP.215.Apps infection. There is a list of all the running processes available under the processes tab in the task manager. You must remove the following associated processes of this infection one by one through the “End Process” button:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Delete the following suspicious files considered as the associated files of the PUP.215.Apps virus:-
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The final step of this process is cleaning the registry section of your windows operating system. Start the registry editor by executing the “regedit.exe” command through Run option of the Start menu. Remove the following corrupt entries associated with the PUP.215.Apps virus by using the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.215.Apps\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.215.Apps\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.215.Apps\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUP.215.Apps\DisplayName PUP.215.Apps
Close the registry editor to start the computer in the normal mode, and see the effectiveness of the manual removal method. Run a complete system scan after updating the current antivirus application to remove the infections caused by the PUP.215.Apps parasite.