The PUM.UserWLoad is capable of making your sensitive system files corrupt, and can cause permanent damage to your data. Once installed, this will affect the overall performance of your system, and make the infected machine extremely slow in responding. This dangerous Trojan virus has the ability to replicate itself, and hide itself wisely to avoid detection of any powerful antivirus program. Whenever you are connected to the internet, you will always receive the annoying pop-up ads on the screen of your system that makes it impossible for you to perform your daily routine tasks. Besides that, you will also receive fake alerts about errors in your PC. Whenever you make an online payment, your activities are recorded, and can be used for the fraudulent purposes.
The Manual Removal of PUM.UserWLoad
When you have detected the PUM.UserWLoad on the system, you have to find a way to remove this infection as quickly as possible. There are automatic as well as manual methods available to remove this virus. The automatic removal method is convenient for the novice users; whereas, the manual removal of this virus is difficult and only recommended for the professional computer users.
Start the System in Safe Mode
The manual removal process starts from rebooting the infected computer in the safe mode by terminating the normal mode. Restart the system and use F8 key to access the boot options menu. Select the safe mode and press “Enter” to start your computer in the safe mode.
Kill the Associated Processes
Once the system starts in the safe mode, you can remove the corrupt processes associated with this threat. To access the windows task manager you have to hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and once the task manager appears on the screen, click on the processes tab. Remove the following processes from the list:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
Once the processes are removed successfully, you have to delete the files associated with the PUM.UserWLoad. In this regard, following are some of the suspicious files that are needed to be removed quickly
- %Desktopdir%\PUM.UserWLoad .lnk
- %Programs%\PUM.UserWLoad \PUM.UserWLoad .lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
The next step of this process is cleaning the windows registry. Click on the start menu, select “run”, and type “regedit” in the box before pressing the enter in order to start the windows registry editor. Once the registry editor accessed, you have to remove the following associated entries of this threat. After removing these entries successfully, you have to close the registry editor and restart the system in the normal mode:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUM.UserWLoad \DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUM.UserWLoad \UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUM.UserWLoad \ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PUM.UserWLoad \DisplayName PUM.UserWLoad
Disclaimer: Altering your windows registry items and other computer files should only be attempted by knowledgeable computer users. Errors in registry items may lead to some technical problems affecting other aspects of your machine. We advise you to attempt all these manual steps at your own risk, or else it is better use the Automatic PUM.UserWLoad removal Tool.
This is most safe and easy method. Automatic PUM.UserWLoad removal Tool to automatically remove PUM.UserWLoad.
If you need any technical assistance in removing the PUM.UserWLoad,do submit your comments to get clarified.