The Project Free TV ads is a malicious application that introduced itself as a browser extension that helps you in watching the online sports channel absolutely free, but in reality this is extremely dangerous for the overall performance of your system, and makes the computer super slow. The Project Free TV ads can infect all the popular browsers including the Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari. This malicious application always bundled with other unwanted programs, and can harm the system significantly. This nasty infection is capable of stealing the highly confidential details from the infected system including the bank accounts, and credit card numbers. This infection is always promoted through Online TV applications. This nasty virus is extremely dangerous as it can corrupt the important system files, and deny your access to the important data files folders.
Removal of Project Free TV ads
Once this infection corrupts your system, you have to minimize the damage by removing this virus effectively. For the novice computer user, there are some reliable automatic removal tools available through which you can easily get rid of this infection. The manual removal method is also available in this regard that consists of the following steps:-
Change the Mode of Operation from Normal to Safe Mode
In order to remove this potentially unwanted application, you have to boot the system in the safe mode by terminating the normal mode of operation. Restart the system, and access the boot options menu by striking the F8 key repeatedly. Once you are able to see the list of boot options, select the Safe Mode, before pressing the Enter key to start the system in the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
In the next step of this manual removal process, you have to get rid of the associated processes of this infection. Access the task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together, and click on the processes tab once the task manager is accessed. Remove the following malicious processes before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Remove the following associated files of the Project Free TV ads infection from the system files folder by using the Delete key:-
- %Desktopdir%\Project Free TV ads.lnk
- %Programs%\Project Free TV ads\Project Free TV ads.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, you have to complete the manual removal process by removing the corrupt entries from the registry section of your windows operating system. In this regard, access the registry editor by executing the Regedit command through Run option of the start menu. Get rid of the following suspicious entries before closing the registry editor:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Project Free TV ads\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Project Free TV ads
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Project Free TV ads\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Project Free TV ads\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Project Free TV ads\DisplayName Project Free TV ads
Restart the system once again, but this time in the normal mode, to see the effect of recent changes, and run a system scan through any updated antivirus program.