The Program:Win32/Comscore.C is a malicious parasite that enters in the windows based computers, and infect the machine without the knowledge of the users. Once installed, it immediately reduces the speed, and decrease the performance of the computer. You, not only notice the weird behavior of your PC, but a number of unknown shortcuts are also created on the desktop of the infected machine. You can see a number of error messages on the screen, once the computer is compromised to the Program:Win32/Comscore.C. This dangerous parasite spreads through the unsafe browsing, visiting already compromised web pages, outdated antivirus programs, USB sticks and other removable devices. The purpose of developing this deadly dangerous virus is to remain resident in the system, steal your confidential information that can be used for theft your money, and damage your computer in a way that it becomes totally useless. Once installed, it also removes some important system files.
The Manual Removal of Program:Win32/Comscore.C
Once it is obvious that your computer is infected by the Program:Win32/Comscore.C, you required to delete this malicious application quickly. You can remove this infection manually as well as with the help of any reliable automatic removal tool. The instructions for manual removal of this virus are mentioned below:-
Start the System in Safe Mode
When you try to remove the Program:Win32/Comscore.C from your computer, you have to reboot the infected computer in the safe mode. Just restart the machine, and select safe mode option from the boot options once you accessed these options with the help of F8 key.
Kill the Associated Processes
Use Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys to see the windows task manager, and click on the processes tab to see the list of running processes in the background of your computer. You have to delete the following malicious processes associated with this virus:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Associated Files
After completing the removal processes, you have to delete the files along with the folders that are associated with this threat. Following are some of the suspicious files that are required to be deleted:-
- %Desktopdir%\Program: Win32 / Comscore.C .lnk
- %Programs%\Program: Win32 / Comscore.C \Program: Win32 / Comscore.C .lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
Open the registry editor to modify the corrupt entries created by the Program:Win32/Comscore.C. Click the start button, select Run, and type regedit in the box to access the registry editor. Remove the following associated entries from the list:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Program: Win32 / Comscore.C \DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Program: Win32 / Comscore.C
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Program: Win32 / Comscore.C \UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Program: Win32 / Comscore.C \ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Program: Win32 / Comscore.C \DisplayName Program: Win32 / Comscore.C
Once the above mentioned corrupt entries associated with this virus are removed successfully, you have to close the registry editor before restarting the system in the normal mode. You also required to run a complete system scan on the computer after updating the existing antivirus program.
Disclaimer: Altering your windows registry items and other computer files should only be attempted by knowledgeable computer users. Errors in registry items may lead to some technical problems affecting other aspects of your machine. We advise you to attempt all these manual steps at your own risk, or else it is better use the Automatic Win32/Comscore.C removal Tool.
This is most safe and easy method. Download Win32/Comscore.C Removal Tool to automatically remove Win32/Comscore.C and its related files.
If you need any technical assistance in removing the Win32/Comscore.C,do submit your comments to get clarified.