The Price Rocket is an adware program that is designed to deceive the novice computer users by saying that this is a usefull application that helps you to find best prices on the popular shopping websites. The Price Rocket is a type of adware that can be lethal for the data privacy in any windows based computer. It changes the windows firewall, and other security arrangements to bypass the system security which results that the system becomes a junkyard of various types of parasites. The Price Rocket is a tricky application that arrives in the system through spam emails, hacked web pages, social website links, and removable storage devices. This malicious application is responsible for running the annoying pop-up ads in the bulk quantity. This infection can cause huge decrease in the overall speed of the system as it takes most of the system resources.
Removal of Price Rocket
Once you discover the presence of the Price Rocket in your computer, your duty is to get rid of this nasty computer worm. You can select any reliable automatic removal tool, that is not only easy to use, but also works swiftly. For the basic level computer users, the automatic method is the ultimate choice. The manual removal is also possible that is detailed below:-
Reboot the System in The Safe Mode
Once you are able to start the infected computer in the safe mode, you can start the manual removal method. In this regard, you just need to restart the computer, and keep hitting the F8 key while the system is restarted to access the boot options list. Select the safe mode from the list through arrow keys, and hit the Enter key to access the safe mode.
End the Malicious Processes
Hold the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys together to open the windows task manager, and select the Processes tab under the task manager window where you can see the list of processes. You have to end the following associated processes of this adware infection before closing the task manager:-
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Remove the Associated Data
Locate as well as delete the following suspicious files associated with the Price Rocket from the system files folder:-
- %Desktopdir%\Price Rocket.lnk
- %Programs%\Price Rocket\Price Rocket.lnk
Reverse the Modification in the Windows Registry
In the end, clean the windows registry by reversing the modifications made by this adware infection. In this regard, open the registry editor through Regedit command that you can execute from the Run option of the Start menu. Once the registry editor is accessed, you have to delete the following corrupt entries one by one:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Price Rocket\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Price Rocket
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Price Rocket\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Price Rocket\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Price Rocket\DisplayName Price Rocket
Restart the system in the normal mode after closing the registry editor and if the virus is removed successfully, run a complete system scan through an updated version of your existing antivirus.