The Price Blink is a malicious virus which is categorized as an adware program. This dangerous adware mostly spread through the freeware. It has the ability to corrupt your sensitive system files and it is a great threat to your important data. Once this tricky application installed on the computer, it can change the browser and computer settings by changing the home page, desktop background and the DNS settings. It has the ability to disable the security tools like antivirus program which keep your computer at risk for other viruses. After getting installs itself on your computer without your consent, it can run countless pop-up ads on the screen. The Price Blink has the ability to destroy all your information stored on the hard disc and can make your computer completely useless. It has the ability to occupy most of the computer resources due to which not only the performance of the computer badly affected, but the speed also reduces considerably. When you become aware that the computer is compromised to the Price Blink you need to remove this threat immediately.
Manual Removal Process of Price Blink
After detecting the Price Blink in your computer, you have to remove either by using any automatic removal tool, or through manual removal instructions. The manual removal method is complicated, and you need to follow the instructions as they are mentioned below:-
Start the Computer in Safe Mode
The first thing which you need to do is restart the computer and choose safe mode from the boot menu. In this regard you have to reboot the PC, and hit F8 key to see the boot menu before pressing the enter button.
Delete the Malicious Processes
Once the computer starts in the safe mode, the next step is to kill the malicious processes attached to the Price Blink. You have to hold Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys to start the task manager, and press the processes tab to find as well as remove the following malicious processes associated with this malware.
- %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
Delete the Files and Folders
After getting rid of the associated processes, you need to delete the following associated files and folders by using the file explorer.
Delete Registry Entries
In the end cleaning the windows registry is important because this malicious application has created a number of corrupt registry entries. In order to get rid of these entries you need to open the windows registry editor which can be started by clicking on the start menu, select run, type regedit, and press ok. Once the registry editor started, you can navigate towards following entries and remove them quickly:-
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.PriceBlink\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.PriceBlink\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.PriceBlink\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Adware.PriceBlink\DisplayName Adware.PriceBlink
After removing the registry entries, you have to close the registry editor and start the computer in normal mode to see the effect of changes you have made.